Author Topic: Seeking Active Players interested in Military Dominance  (Read 34765 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
As I've been teeling the people in Toupelllon for months (pretty much since the las two Cathayan duchies joined) the realm geography is insupportable. The extents to which the realm is stretched is absurd. Combine that with a lack of knights, a war drawing off troops needed for maintenance, a couple lords kicked out of office due to war events, and half the realm is going to hell. We will have regions revolting tomorrow. The day after at the latest. Claude doesn't seem to be taking any definitive action to remedy things, either.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
No politics, no roleplay, drones only, final boring realm.

With a little effort, this could have been a haiku.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Hehe, haikuify!

I would recommend only joining *after* the war starts.  From experience, predictions of war by either side are never accurate. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
If Toupellon disintegrates, that would mess with our plans.  Let's hope it doesn't, I was looking forward to this.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Hehe, haikuify!

I would recommend only joining *after* the war starts.  From experience, predictions of war by either side are never accurate. :)

Okay, I'm fine with that.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
So for those who stated interest:

How does joining Zonosa sound? If a war is begun within a week as expected, I'd believe that would fit the bill of what was requested. That gives enough time for us to get organized in realm, etc...

Come be Galen's zealots......!! 
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Just a thought, but it'd probably be more challenging and fun to join the losing side.  Dante, could you keep an updated list of players in the first post of those who said they'd have a spare char to have fun with on FEI?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Note that my characters on FEI are already committed, but one is ruler and this is something he has wanted to try with his sponsored army for quite some time, so. . . .

Also, yes, you should totally be Galen's zealots.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Also, yes, you should totally be Galen's zealots.

;D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Join a dying religion (that's a very, very thinly veiled BM version of Judaism, if I read right), whose sole claim to fame is that its last remaining priest was dumb enough to auto-da-fe the Judge?

Yeah, that sounds like loads of fun :P
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm with Velax on this one. While one side gets giddy about the idea of an influx of active characters and the potential to run through the island, all of that seems to be greatly magnified (and possible) on a place like FEI that has low playerbase and only 5 realms. Honestly, 10-15 characters appearing in Zonasa all at once is nearly a 10% island-wide population boom. If you count only active, mobile soldier-types, I'd venture a guess to say that number is much closer to a 20% increase.

You do your clan-not-clan on another island and it can test military might, influence, or whatever else you want. You do it on FEI (or the Colonies, probably) and you change the face of the entire island.

On top of the fact that yeah, not sure that war is actually happening. Ceasefire is in the works already.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Toupellon has called Kindara's bluff, and offered Ohnar West a cease-fire. I wonder what PoZ/Kindara will do if OW refuses to accept.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'm with Velax on this one. While one side gets giddy about the idea of an influx of active characters and the potential to run through the island, all of that seems to be greatly magnified (and possible) on a place like FEI that has low playerbase and only 5 realms. Honestly, 10-15 characters appearing in Zonasa all at once is nearly a 10% island-wide population boom. If you count only active, mobile soldier-types, I'd venture a guess to say that number is much closer to a 20% increase.

You do your clan-not-clan on another island and it can test military might, influence, or whatever else you want. You do it on FEI (or the Colonies, probably) and you change the face of the entire island.

On top of the fact that yeah, not sure that war is actually happening. Ceasefire is in the works already.

To add some more statistics to the pile:

Adding 15 characters to the Principality of Zonasa would cause them to make up over a third of the realm just by themselves, and, as Morningstar points out, nearly 10% of the entire population of the continent. For comparison, the next-smallest continent by noble population is Beluaterra, where the clan would make up only a little over 5% of the continent's population, and on Atamara, they'd only be 3%.

This sort of thing would, indeed, be deeply unbalancing to the entire Far East, which really seems to me to miss the whole point of the clan discussion in the first place—that is, the real problem with clans is not so much that the people in them break the rules by their clan activities, but that clans are bad for the game because they unbalance it.

If you want to do this, then do it on the East Continent or Atamara. There are wars aplenty on those continents—the moreso because they have nine and fourteen realms respectively, compared to the Far East Island's six—and plenty of realms that it would be possible to add an elite fighting force to without completely hijacking the entire realm for the clan (which is one of the things Tom explicitly states is not kosher in the FAQ about clans).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Join a dying religion (that's a very, very thinly veiled BM version of Judaism, if I read right), whose sole claim to fame is that its last remaining priest was dumb enough to auto-da-fe the Judge?

Yeah, that sounds like loads of fun :P
In point of fact, Galen is not the last remaining priest.  There are two priests besides him, and I'd hardly qualify it as dying.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Many of us already have committed chars on EC and AT.

"FEI is so BORING!"

Well, we have 15 active players who have suddenly developed an interest in FEI...

"No no no don't come here you'll screw everything up!"

Stay boring then...
------
qui audet vincit