Author Topic: Tax rate  (Read 12776 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Tax rate
« Reply #30: April 21, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »
well.. they don't have to stay.... i suspect he'll shrink all estates.. (including mine) not just the new knight
firefox

egamma

« Reply #31: April 21, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
That is very unfair to the new noble, who perhaps chose your vacant estate because it was large.

It's like advertising "buy 1 get 2 free" and then after you buy 1 he's like "well, I gotta sell the other 2 to other people, so nothing for you".

>:(

Bah. I'll cut the lords share and balance it out. But it's easier to do that when estates are at 100% efficiency, which means I need a total of 3 knights.

well.. they don't have to stay.... i suspect he'll shrink all estates.. (including mine) not just the new knight

I normally set all estates to the same size--better for efficiency.

But, out of "fairness", I've set the vacant estate to 25%, it won't change size.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 21, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »
It's still rude. Not to mention a blatant "bait and switch". I'd be pretty pissed if a lord did that to me.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 21, 2012, 08:54:45 PM »
New Knight: "What the...that 5% you just cut from my estate included my manor!"

Lord: "Well, you've still got the barn, haven't you?"

egamma

« Reply #34: April 21, 2012, 08:56:57 PM »
It's still rude. Not to mention a blatant "bait and switch". I'd be pretty pissed if a lord did that to me.

Perhaps. but my lord/trader/banker is all about economic efficiency. Besides, I just gave my knight 150 gold a few days ago, so that takes the sting out of things, doesn't it?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 21, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
Besides, I just gave my knight 150 gold a few days ago, so that takes the sting out of things, doesn't it?
No.

If you don't want someone to have a 25% estate, then don't dangle it out for them to bite.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 21, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »
ah.. wrong island...  no wonder i couldn't remember getting a new neighbour XD
anyway...  the lord's screen has the following "warning"....

"Changing the size of assigned estates, especially reducing them without agreement or a very good reason is often considered ignoble and may make the knights unhappy, so consider your actions carefully."

perhaps a knight's screen should show something similar? as a bit of a nudge..
firefox

egamma

« Reply #37: April 21, 2012, 10:29:03 PM »
No.

If you don't want someone to have a 25% estate, then don't dangle it out for them to bite.

I do want my knights to have a 25% estate. Ideally I would have 4 estates at 25%, because that provides almost 100% efficiency. The knight in question had a 50% estate for about a day--if he had any objections to me resizing it to 33%, then he could simply have found another one. I've increased it to 41% and made the vacant one 25%.

An estate is not just about taxes. My previous knight I appointed marshal of the army I had just created. This one I sent 150 gold to. As long as he has enough gold to field the unit he wants to, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 21, 2012, 11:20:28 PM »
The knight in question had a 50% estate for about a day--if he had any objections to me resizing it to 33%, then he could simply have found another one. I've increased it to 41% and made the vacant one 25%.

Why are you even arguing about this? What you've just described bears no resemblance at all to what we were joking/talking about.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 22, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »
Hmm... Lords can resize estates anytime they want? Do knights get a message about this? If not, I'm going to have to start checking my estate size after a while.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 22, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »
Yes and yes.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 23, 2012, 02:08:39 AM »
No.

Indeed. Give him a big estate, and then tax the hell out of it. That's what I do for better tax efficiency. XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #42: April 23, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »
Protests against the realm and civil unrest are causing serious trouble. The peasants are seriously questioning our rule. On the plus side, it improved their morale to express themselves. 1 gold are reported missing from tax collector offices after the unrest.
Many people are complaining about the high taxes.

Hmm... Am I squeezing peasants too much? lol

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 23, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »
well... depends... there should be a line telling you about taxes...
firefox

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 25, 2012, 01:27:55 AM »
Indeed. Give him a big estate, and then tax the hell out of it. That's what I do for better tax efficiency. XD
The best part is his knight's are still rich.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton