Author Topic: Add more council positions for military leaders - everyone goes up one spot  (Read 9175 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I think this is a bad idea. The power of the King is established by the government system and additional fluff the players can create. Iashalur actually has a constitution on the wiki to establish the powers of the realm council. It's unnecessary to change the way armies are structured just because some realms didn't make it clear what powers the king held.

Yes, I have noticed Turin directing the military quite straight-forward in Iashalur, which is commendable I suppose, but in the same time it adds to the confusion as your General is quite obsolete and is more of a ornament than really a leader, running around not knowing really what to do - he didn't issue any sort of orders in at leas two months - that says something.

Anyway, as has been said before, this thread is not really about King gaining more power, but it is about defining the roles of both rulers and generals much more accurately than it is now. Just because you think you've done *well* to set up a proper structure in your realm doesn't mean the idea is bad, as you really ought to keep *all* players in mind, not just yourself.

I am glad Tom (and the majority here) likes the idea. I understand it is not doable at the moment but I am happy it will be considered once and if the gov. gets enhanced.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)