Author Topic: Approved 6692: Erecting statues and monuments  (Read 22906 times)

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Erecting statues and monuments
« Reply #45: March 22, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »
I would think that who built a statue/monument would be recorded automatically by the game. How can it be prestigious to build it, if no one knows who did it?

Well, I suppose that is true. Still, the difference between a statue and a monument could be a simple prefix when they are listed in regional description:

- A statue of [King] Kepler of Keplerian family
- A monument of [Amazing Victory]

Where [text] is player input.

Maybe it's just me, but I find intrinsic value of instantly seeing which type it is.

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: March 23, 2012, 06:23:25 AM »
Ok, here's again my suggestion for a summary. Is everyone happy now? Ready for the bugtracker? Tom?

• Pay 500 gold to erect a statue at your estate in the honor of another existing character, giving him an immediate +1 prestige, while gaining +1 prestige yourself.
  • Instead of a statue, you can also build a monument, which can be about anything. Building one gains you +1 prestige.
  • Statues and monuments can be also demolished.
  • When you build a statue or a monument, you get to describe its appearance and write a few lines on a plaque attached to it. The one erecting it will always be mentioned in the plaque.
  • The statues and monuments in a region can be viewed in the "descriptions tab" in the regional view.
  • A realm wide message is sent when a statue or a monument is erected and demolished.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #47: March 23, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
There's been sufficient discussion and your description sufficiently concise.

I think it's good enough to put on the bugtracker and we'll take it from there.  No guarantees that all these will be implemented as such when we get around to it though.

Tom?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #48: March 23, 2012, 10:34:42 AM »
Good enough.

I will probably modify the price a bit, still thinking about it. But it can be put on the tracker.

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: March 23, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »
Ok, it's on the tracker now. I'm locking this. Thank you all for your input.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 12, 2012, 07:00:05 AM »

If the monument just appears in the region description will there be a rule about describing monuments in your region description that you didn't actually pay for?

Will it be in its own sub section of the description that can't be edited?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 12, 2012, 08:17:59 AM »
obviously never heard of erecting a statue so everyone get beat it to pieces, etc (and remake a new one every so often)

... yes.. there is at least 1 like that in china...
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #52: April 12, 2012, 05:04:53 PM »
It likely cannot be edited.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: April 13, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »
It likely cannot be edited.
+1

There is no point erecting statues that can be edited later on  :D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 13, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »
One last suggestion (sorry I know you want to wrap this up). Instead of a high price tag there should be a limit of how often you can build a new monument. Say once every in game year at a price of 100 gold or so. 500 is so high that I doubt anyone will bother to build anything.

There could also be varying prices, like 100 for a small plaque, 200 for a statue, 300 for a huge statue.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #55: April 13, 2012, 11:05:44 PM »
500 is not so unreasonable for an almost permanent statue.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 14, 2012, 12:21:26 AM »
Until the cost goes over ~1000, it is mostly irrelevant. At 500 a pop, I would just build them a bit slower until I got them all built. Say, 1 a week instead of 3 or 4. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: April 14, 2012, 06:54:10 AM »
Until the cost goes over ~1000, it is mostly irrelevant. At 500 a pop, I would just build them a bit slower until I got them all built. Say, 1 a week instead of 3 or 4. :P

Assuming there will be a limited number of buildings you can construct at your estate,  a statue should occupy one of those slots, so that the cost is not merely about gold but about space as well.

I did, however, think that this feature request was completed as it was accepted and posted to the bug tracker. That is why I attempted to lock the topic and was surprised to find it unlocked. I do not mind it reopened, but I suppose I just misunderstood how things are supposed to work here.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #58: April 14, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »
I guess I just wanted fewer thread to be locked, but you're right Duvaille.  This banter is pointless now that we won't be changing the feature anyhow.