Author Topic: Expanding Guild organization  (Read 4365 times)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Expanding Guild organization
« Topic Start: April 13, 2012, 07:05:08 AM »
Keep in mind that a guild is not a realm.  Please explain the implications and use cases of your suggestions.
I will use the case of the "Item Exchange" guild I started a while back.  The purpose of the guid was to facilitate the repair and sale of unique items.  This guild is rather unique in that it requires the presence of BOTH nobles and adventurers.  I felt that it was necessary for nobles to be ranked above adventurers (from a logistical point of view it should be the other way around but what noble would join a guild with all the peasants ranked above him/her). Nobles then had to be promoted through the adventurer levels into the noble levels.  Having two sepatate wings of this guild would allow for each group to be promoted/demoted independently of the other.
The main benefit I would like though is to be able to message all those in your specific rank.  This would allow the adventurers to talk to each other without bothering the nobles about things that do not pertain to them (ie common item trades).  We have message groups in realms to stop spam, why not in guilds?