Author Topic: [Forum Game] World in Revolution 1861, Official Game  (Read 56887 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile

Official Game Thread

Finally, it is time to begin the Battlemaster Forum's very first game of World in Revolution: 1861! Countries have been chosen, long excel sheets of stats have been written and anti-dumping legislation and tariff-rate-quota structures for various colonial empires have been analyzed, discussed and debated. But now, finally, it is time to kick it all off!

Important things to remember:
  • Each turn is three months of game time (the first turn is April-June, 1861).
  • You will have one week (Friday to Friday) to role play and submit orders for each game turn.
  • You can submit up to four orders per turn, plus an additional four 'war orders' if you are at war.
  • Role-play and talk to others like crazy, it will make the game more fun.
  • Tryto keep a semblance of realism in mind with your actions!
  • Have fun with it!
If you need a refresher on the rules, they can be found here (no promise some haven't changed, though).

The game starts on April 14, 1861! There will be short preliminary recap of the world at this time and then you are free to begin role-playing, talking to one another and asserting claims of your own divinely blessed destiny to subjugate the world under your rule!

Each turn I will write more specific, action oriented updates. Every game year I will write broader, more stylized Yearly Updates.

The Official Game Map will be kept in the next post and updated yearly, as well as the current list of Countries and Players. Many particular or specific maps may be created for reference throughout the course of the game, however. I plan to provide links to those here as well.

Be sure to check out this OP periodically as I am sure I will change it around as the game progresses in order to provide a better structure to it as well as plenty of links to relevant information.

Current Wars
- The American War of Secession (Since April, 1861)
- The Russo-Qajar War (Since April, 1861)
- The British-Qajar War (Since May, 1861)
- The Japanese Invasion of Korea (Since May, 1861)
- The Taiping Rebellion (Since December, 1850)

Current Alliances:
- The Pacific Entente (USA, Russian Empire, Japanese Empire)
- The Treaty of St. Petersburg (Austrian Empire, Russian Empire)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:19:30 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)