Author Topic: Netherworld Prison  (Read 15797 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Netherworld Prison
« Topic Start: April 13, 2012, 09:38:24 PM »
I am fine with the torture.
Perhaps a drop in Honour/prestige after escaping so that the noble cannot command as large a unit (if the unit is executed I suggest retaining the honour/prestige, let them be remembered with what they had accomplished)
I am fine with the death as well, so long as it is not everyone.
I would somehow want to keep a time limit.  Perhaps the chance of escape can increase in the same way that the chance of death does.  As in:
Days in prison%escape%death
With these numbers a noble in prison would have a 50% chance of surviving.  I would like to have a higher chance of survival, these numbers are just an example.  By day 7 nobles should be released, dead or alive.
If certain classes already have a % chance of escaping, these chances would add to it  (ie, if infiltrators already have a 20% chance of escaping, then on the 4th day, they would have 40% chance of escaping and a 20% chance of dying). 
It would be neat if a class was somehow more resilient, and so was less likely to die (ie, cavaliers (or what ever) have 20% less chance of dying, so on day 5 they would have 30% chance of escape and 24% chance of death.  This would mean they could be stuck in the dungeon longer)
If the goal is to simulate dying from the conditions in the dungeon, any wounded noble could have a 20% greater chance of dying (depending on the wounds).
Like usual, I am probably making this more complex than desired. 
I would rather not have characters sit in prison for two weeks, worse still if they are only to be executed afterwards. 

One request I would like to have is battle reports being made available to prisoners.  Make the battle reports of the daimon hoards viewable by nobles in the dungeon.  You could expect that Overlord/Midnight of the * would brag about their wins, or the guards comment about battles.  I would not suggest this for human prisons, but Overlord is very confident that nothing humans do can prevent his victory and so should not care that prisoners receive reports.

That works out to a much higher than 50% chance of dying if you apply the percentages at each stage. Just got home from work so my brain's too fried to do the math but it's gotta be closer to 90% by your metric if you stay the full week.

I think Demon Jail is too easy though, for sure. When Benny got captured I was expecting the worst, considering what we've been doing to every Daimon we've captured.

Maybe give Heroes a reduced chance to successfully escape, but add in some kind of functionality for them to bust out other people too. A true hero wouldn't leave his friends (or even his enemies) behind in Demon Jail, while it would be easy for him to justify leaving his prisonmates in custody with noblemen since they'd be treated with dignity under most circumstances (sadistic judges notwithstanding).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:34:21 PM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.