Author Topic: Traders Feedback  (Read 30954 times)

Ig

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Traders Feedback
« Reply #15: April 24, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
Coming from a Trader without any access to insider trading (ie. not a steward/lord), I'm not too sure about the new system. I've traveled all over a route of ~580 miles (with most of that added onto again by my trading distance) for quite a while since the trading changes and have yet to broker a single deal, or at least one profitable enough to recall ( >= 5g).

There are always sell offers up, but buy offers are almost as rare as sages (at least now; towards the beginning I think I recall an abundance of poorly-priced buy offers being the norm). And on top of that, supply/demand balancing makes sure that even if I do find a reasonable buy offer, I won't be able to fulfill it unless the Astroist church collapses with a concurrent declaration by the Zuma Daimons that they are, in fact, human, all under the coinciding brilliancy of the three bloodstars.
  • I can't buy/broker for no gain or a loss, in the case that there's urgency for such.
  • There's no visible metric for volumes transferred each day, so I can't tell if it's just a bad fishing spot or a global problem.
  • The little guy no longer has the ability to have a personal store for either taking advantage of seasonal demand or holding good deals until an opportunity for sale arises.

This might all be due to production/consumption disparities while Tom and the devs are testing the system and these concerns/complaints might be invalid when things balance back out to "normal," but my experiences coming from a little less than a quarter of Dwilight have not been enjoyable so far.