Author Topic: Luria Nova vs Fissoa  (Read 52114 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs Fissoa
« Reply #105: May 09, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »
The invitation is just a pretext to get him here to cut off his head and give it to Alice as a wedding present! Women love decapitated enemies, right?

I had one character who managed to woo his lady with a boiled down skull and a flower whilst wearing only pants. It's all about confidence and presentation!

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: May 09, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
I had one character who managed to woo his lady with a boiled down skull and a flower whilst wearing only pants. It's all about confidence and presentation!

Nothing says "I love you" like the severed head of a mortal foe. Or flowers. Or pants. Though it might be more confident to not wear pants.

This was....not that kind of romance.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: May 09, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »
Nothing says "I love you" like the severed head of a mortal foe. Or flowers. Or pants. Though it might be more confident to not wear pants.

As it turned out, not wearing pants was preferable to the lady. But he never wore any, being a raving lunatic northman and all, so wearing them took confidence :p

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: May 09, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »
Was this Sennianus?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: May 09, 2012, 05:09:31 PM »
Yup.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: May 09, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
The invitation is just a pretext to get him here to cut off his head and give it to Alice as a wedding present! Women love decapitated enemies, right?

Power-couple status  ;D I'm still hoping that news doesn't reach Brom and Hendrick can extend the above invitation.

Poor Hendrick, I had such high hopes for him. Does Alice know the truth of things?

Oh well. I'd watch out though Hendrick. That woman's family has a problem of having their husband's poisoned...then killing themselves. Not a good pattern, I'd say.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: May 09, 2012, 10:41:17 PM »
Poor Hendrick, I had such high hopes for him. Does Alice know the truth of things?

Oh well. I'd watch out though Hendrick. That woman's family has a problem of having their husband's poisoned...then killing themselves. Not a good pattern, I'd say.

Oh, never fear - there is always more to Hendrick than there seems and Alice certainly isn't aware of the half of it. Arundel and I are in the midst of some writing to that effect, but in the meantime Brom's unintentional mentoring (RE: Stuff Brom Does) took root.

Ah love - the romancing, the wooing, the poisoning. I think the danger is mutual on both sides in this case  ;D We'll see how things shake out. Expect a wedding invitation!
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: May 10, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »
And so the Lurian conflict has once again fallen to common gossip and love triangles  ::)  :P

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: May 10, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »
I miss the old days when civil wars were about stuff that mattered, like squashing your rival dukes and taking their goldz.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: May 11, 2012, 04:31:01 AM »

All the good ones do.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: May 11, 2012, 05:09:12 AM »
I miss the old days when civil wars were about stuff that mattered, like squashing your rival dukes and taking their goldz.

Bring me back. I'll bring back the good old civil wars.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: May 11, 2012, 05:30:55 AM »
All the good ones do.

Amen, comatose brother-in-law  :D

Bring me back. I'll bring back the good old civil wars.

No no no. We're finally getting this house in order and setting the furniture up nicely and getting the bloodstains out of the carpet. The last thing we need is Brom to come and crash with us for a month and leave the place a total mess with three more dead kings and ladies dangling from every balcony  ;D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: May 11, 2012, 05:46:27 AM »
No no no. We're finally getting this house in order and setting the furniture up nicely and getting the bloodstains out of the carpet. The last thing we need is Brom to come and crash with us for a month and leave the place a total mess with three more dead kings and ladies dangling from every balcony  ;D

She was lonely, not my fault she chose the balcony instead of nice Brom. (Yes, I'm keeping up the rhetoric)

Fine, I'll let y'all get things in order. It'll be nice to see a united Luria for once. Plus, we'll see if it can actually last without Brom there. I mean if it can't what will me being there hurt anyway?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: May 11, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
A Luria that is united is like a dog that speaks: very rare. A Luria that stays united is like a dog that speaks Norwegian: even rarer!

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: May 11, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »
She was lonely, not my fault she chose the balcony instead of nice Brom. (Yes, I'm keeping up the rhetoric)

Fine, I'll let y'all get things in order. It'll be nice to see a united Luria for once. Plus, we'll see if it can actually last without Brom there. I mean if it can't what will me being there hurt anyway?

You're right, I should amend that - either Brom has a harem of wives or we have new corpse decorations from all our lighting fixtures  ;D

And it certainly wouldn't hurt to have Brom back after everything is nice and tidy. Well, I mean it wouldn't hurt us but Brom's well-being might be a different matter entirely.

A Luria that is united is like a dog that speaks: very rare. A Luria that stays united is like a dog that speaks Norwegian: even rarer!

Whelp, there we go. Confederacy of the Norwegian Talking Dog. I guess I have to rename that treaty.