Author Topic: Luria Nova vs Fissoa  (Read 51842 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs Fissoa
« Reply #15: April 25, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »
Considering the militant stance that the Veinsormoot has started to take toward Luria

Errr.... wut?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 25, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
Before this thread gets polarised by the Lurians, I'll provide some input as well :)

The Grand Duchy has been semi-peaceful for a long time - like forever. The noble count was going down for quite a while, and through continuous effort we've managed to bring it up again. Once we were down to 10-ish. Now we have 22 - as many as Luria Nova.

I've read those comments on rulers who only want to keep their positions safe with understanding, and I figured it was my task to create something for people to enjoy. There were two options: firstly the war on Aurvandil (siding with Madina) or secondly intervening in the war in the Lurias.

For a number of reasons - prime among which was a referendum - we decided to face Luria. Not the most sound strategic thinking, but hey - no realm on BM lasts forever, does it? I can't really be bothered with the purely strategic side of the game.

Also, Skyndarbau is pretty fixed on sticking to his ideals. They might shift or mutate, but as long as they work in his head, he's not going to let them go. He could understand the reasons for war against Pian en Luries. But they cannot justify the destruction of the realm. Especially because Luria Nova simply joined the gang-bang pummelling the Pianese into oblivion. (In a way it's funny how Allanna is participating in this?)
In his eyes, Fulco is the sneaky puppetmaster who's managed to stay in control within Luria forever. The Arbiter is someone who wants to make a name for himself - badly, and the others are mostly irrelevant. That would include King Tybalt :)

Lastly, I wish to point out that Fissoa attempts to uphold some sense of chivalry, something we saw from Pian en Luries in the past. Peculiar how the Novans and Solarians are the marauding barbarians these days :P

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 25, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »
I just created char at LN, so Fissoa will be slain soon.

So you see an uneven war in progress, and decide to join the winning side? Real classy. Especially now Thalmarkin still needs Seko's stinkin' socks... ::)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 25, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
There were two options: firstly the war on Aurvandil (siding with Madina) or secondly intervening in the war in the Lurias.

You had the third option, I think: attack Madina. Might not be the most honorable one, but it would be the most rewarding one that is for sure. You would expand into Madina island, got yourself another rich city and would probably face Aurvandil sooner or later. And you would probably get support of the Lurians once that happens. All of this would attract nobles as war+gold is the main thing people look for.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 25, 2012, 10:14:37 PM »
Lastly, I wish to point out that Fissoa attempts to uphold some sense of chivalry, something we saw from Pian en Luries in the past. Peculiar how the Novans and Solarians are the marauding barbarians these days :P

Having Skyndarbau's perspective is nice, but it kinda leaves out the impetus for this entire war.  Namely, the insane scheming coming out of PeL, which Skyndarbau was privy to.  He chose his side early on, and his actions since don't really paint a flattering picture for someone claiming the moral high ground.  ;)

All in all, just another day in SE Dwilight...

Errr.... wut?

Sounds like someone in the 'moot has been going rogue.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:17:43 PM by Solari »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 25, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »
You had the third option, I think: attack Madina. Might not be the most honorable one, but it would be the most rewarding one that is for sure. You would expand into Madina island, got yourself another rich city and would probably face Aurvandil sooner or later. And you would probably get support of the Lurians once that happens. All of this would attract nobles as war+gold is the main thing people look for.

Yeah, I know that was an option. But we Aurvandil had already taken Tower Fatmilak by then, and we didn't stand a chance. And I'd rather not stand a chance for a reason - moral superiority over the Lurians :P

I know Skyndarbau isn't all too popular in Luria right now. But I do think most Lurians have a wrong image.

Oh yeah: the reason we declared war after we rallied on the Novan border was because IR things came up for me. I couldn't make it, which kind of sucked. The idea was to properly announce it... (another reason was of course that the referendum was still in progress, but we decided to anticipate and rally already. As soon as the referendum showed support for the 'Lurian Invervention with 12/14 votes, we crossed the border. The rest was my failure)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 25, 2012, 11:10:55 PM »
I know Skyndarbau isn't all too popular in Luria right now. But I do think most Lurians have a wrong image.

Yeah... Kamron is just misunderstood too. ;)

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 25, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »
In his eyes, Fulco is the sneaky puppetmaster who's managed to stay in control within Luria forever.

Haha :D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 26, 2012, 12:11:09 AM »
Having Skyndarbau's perspective is nice, but it kinda leaves out the impetus for this entire war.  Namely, the insane scheming coming out of PeL, which Skyndarbau was privy to.  He chose his side early on, and his actions since don't really paint a flattering picture for someone claiming the moral high ground.  ;)

Oh come on, you act like there was no scheming coming out of the other realms of Luria. We don't have to transfer all of our IC bias's to the forum. Fissoa had a legitimate reason to join in on the war, even if IC, they've been portrayed not to have any reason at all.

Perhaps it wasn't the best reason, but the one the gave is a legitimate one. All IC propaganda aside Fissoa made a choice which placed them on the losing side of a war. It wasn't to gain land or anything, but to prevent the unreasonable destruction of a realm being gang-banged. If IC that gets warped, well that's fine, but its not like Fissoa joining on Pian's side was some great move to gain power for themselves.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 26, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 26, 2012, 12:25:38 AM »
Sounds like someone in the 'moot has been going rogue.

Sounds like someone is getting stuff out of context.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 26, 2012, 04:04:30 AM »
Sounds like someone is getting stuff out of context.

It sucks to think we've been infiltrated at the highest level, but a lil intrigue is fun. And besides, it'll either divide us or make us stronger--either way, it was going to happen eventually.

Like my programming? Become my patron!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 26, 2012, 04:24:38 AM »
It sucks to think we've been infiltrated at the highest level, but a lil intrigue is fun. And besides, it'll either divide us or make us stronger--either way, it was going to happen eventually.

Naw, me leaving made sure you were safe from that. ;)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 26, 2012, 05:17:16 AM »
Naw, me leaving made sure you were safe from that. ;)

No one is ever safe from infiltration.

I tend to forget that when thinking aloud, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 26, 2012, 07:43:47 AM »
When Fissoa decided to intervene in this southern war, Aurvandil was pounding Madina pretty hard and LN and its allies were kicking PeL's arse from every direction. The referendum favoured intervention in the Lurian war, and thats how it is currently.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.