Author Topic: Drag Wounded  (Read 9456 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Drag Wounded
« Reply #15: April 23, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »
Bumping this one because the King of Thalmarkin has been laying around Winfael for almost a week after a major battle there. I hardly think it's possible to lose track of the king for a week, and I hardly think it's proper that they leave him in some dingy village to recover.

Nothing in the game speaks about "losing track". On the contrary, you can send him letters, you can see his unit, etc. - you know perfectly well where he is.

He's just too wounded to be moved. It's not like travel was especially comfortable in those times.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 23, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »
The bit about losing track was mostly De-Legro's response to the initial suggestion. While you bring up a good point, Tom, I just am not entirely sold. Someone suggested risking have the wounds worsen as a result of being transported to another region, which I think dovetails nicely with your observation. Some NPC flunky healer should not force our army to abandon our regent in a region bordering the blight, with a thousand screaming horrors just across that border.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: April 24, 2012, 12:06:22 AM »
Yeah, but then the system is not perfect. But there is a specific "recovering" state, which does allow for travel. So while he's still beyond that, he's not fit to travel. And the system simply wasn't built for the exceptional situations like Blight and Horrors.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 24, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
Someone suggested risking have the wounds worsen as a result of being transported to another region, which I think dovetails nicely with your observation.

1) Have the guy you hate wounded.
2) Drag him all over the place.
3) Profit!
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 24, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »
2) Drag him all over the place.
3) Profit!

2) Drag him deeper into enemy territory.
3) Leave.
4) Profit!

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 25, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »
Pretty sure that did happen in medieval times actually. :P

Anyways I thought of a mechanism where you can only drag him toward the nearest city and if you change your destination then the drag/transport order would be cancelled, so it's less of a strategic move to cart your favorite Chinese general around with the army following one of his many assassination attempts and more of a sincere method of getting him out of harm's way.

But that seems really, really complicated, and as Tom said the system as-is is fine for all but the most exceptional cases, so I don't really see this feature being introduced.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 25, 2012, 01:56:18 AM »
2) Drag him deeper into enemy territory.
3) Leave.
4) Profit!

Why is that a bad thing, more intra realm conflict is always good. As long as the wounded guy knows who dragged him there, he can go and seek retribution.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 25, 2012, 05:46:33 AM »
If he ever stops getting dragged around.   ;D

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 02, 2012, 02:12:25 AM »
If he ever stops getting dragged around.   ;D
He is unconscious and he wont be able to stop you from dragging him to hell ;D

This Feature is good, open a lot of possibilities for RolePlaying and help to prevent those characters from holding positions for too long time, not giving chance to newbies and other players :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 02, 2012, 02:26:04 AM »
... help to prevent those characters from holding positions for too long time, not giving chance to newbies and other players :)
Is the absolute, 100% wrong reason to add a feature like this.

This feature may or not be good, may or may not be needed. But a justification like this is a good reason to not add it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 02, 2012, 05:08:03 AM »
Is the absolute, 100% wrong reason to add a feature like this.
I agree completely.