Author Topic: Granary count on FoodReport.php  (Read 6336 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Granary count on FoodReport.php
« Reply #15: April 30, 2012, 06:56:55 PM »
And that's exactly what I don't want. A banker ordering lords around on what to do with their(!!!) food.
Under the new system, they can't be ordered to do it for free. They have to charge a minimum amount. And, so far, I haven't ever seen anyone try to demand that it be given for free. Just about anyone I know is willing to offer fair price for it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 30, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »
They can get the info just by asking the lord. Would any lord really tell the banker "It's none of your business"?

as mentioned, they don't have to ask anyone anything. that info is shown to every single noble in the same realm already. you just have to go the extra mile to look it up in infrastructure tab of region details.

heck, it's shown to foreign nobles who happen to wander through the region or scout it

for all i know.. advy might see it too. haven't played an advy for a while. esp. not in testing.

basically.. not having it wouldn't stop a banker from ordering anyone doing anything.
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 30, 2012, 08:28:46 PM »
Oh, that's right, they're on the Infrastructure tab now, aren't they? :p you can easily see exactly how many are in any region in your realm. So, no reason *not* to list them on the report.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #18: April 30, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
Oh, that's right, they're on the Infrastructure tab now, aren't they? :p you can easily see exactly how many are in any region in your realm. So, no reason *not* to list them on the report.

yes, exactly.

And no, I'm not stuck on the old system. I am Banker/Lord/Trader of D'Hara, I love the new system, and I just want to avoid having to add a column to the spreadsheet that I already have, and simply have the information available where it should be.

Right now, I have one lord (of a poor, underpopulated region) screaming "I bought 6000 bushels of food under this contract, and I need someone else to buy it off me", and I want to know who I can ask to buy the food off him. I am trying to help the lord who is asking for help, putting gold in his pocket and avoiding rot for 6000 bushels.

Also, this helps make the game lightweight.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:01:31 PM by egamma »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 30, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »
1. If the situation continues as it is, then I think the Granaries should be present in the banker reports. There isn't much of a reason to not have them readily seen if they are also found elsewhere but that just takes more time and effort. This way, the banker can quickly see which regions will have food rot, and which reasons won't. He can them blame lords for losing food that don't listen to him, and harm the realm. This gives some internal conflict possibilities.

2. I still feel that although the new changes have made the trading system a lot more interesting, that the entire position of banker is utterly useless right now. They can't do anything and it certainly isn't fun to hold a position where everyone is either blaming you for not having food (which isn't really under your control) or ignoring you completely because your realm has a giant surplus. Ever since the Banker's lost the ability to micromanage the food of a realm (so the lords wouldn't have to), they entirely lost their meaning for existence in my opinion. If you want lords to HAVE to worry about food, then don't even bother with a banker. The lords will have to worry about it anyway, and lords don't even have to contact the banker anymore to find out where to sell food, as they can simply post an offer, and any old trader can fix it for them.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 01, 2012, 02:07:58 AM »

Hot damn, they are!

Tom, you aren't actually hiding any info then, by not making it conveniently available to the banker. You are just forcing him to look at every region page first.

Which I am going to do right now to update my food management spreadsheet.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron