Author Topic: Runescape  (Read 4710 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Runescape
« Topic Start: June 04, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
Rune became a corrupt cesspool of botters in 2007-08, when I subsequently lost Crimzondrake, formerly in the highest-ranking characters of Runescape to some bastard hacker. Thank you, Jagex, for never actually managing to return a high-ranking paid account that was played since RS:Classic. I lost my clan, my apprentices, millions of gold worth of items, a dozen sets of rune, hundreds of thousands of runes, and a ridiculously-massive collection of thousands upon thousands of gemstones I had been amassing for years for some weird reason. I mean sure, I'd make gold jewelry from them, but I couldn't keep up with even 10% of the gems I was purchasing. :P

I actually remade after that and was paid for a little while, but managed to build up such a vehement, writhing disdain for Jagex that I was forced to quit. I gave away a few level 90+ characters I had built up over the years, gave away my paid account, and never touched that pile of flaming feces again, except for the sake of nostalgia. I had hoped that with so many years gone by I'd be able to tolerate the game I used to so deeply love, but no; still f*cking hate it. Sure, Crimzondrake was my newest, most inexperienced character, but Jagex's inability to pull their heads from their asses really ruined it for me.

If only there was another game I could spend all my time mining and blacksmithing :|

Your reference to celebrity vaguely reminds me of the time I bumped into l6vi (or lv6i?) in another game called Helbreath way back when. He was one of the best players when I started RuneScape. Apparently he'd gotten bored of it all though and fair play to the guy. I suppose after you've defeated one of the GM's in combat (even if they didn't use a shield!) there isn't much left to do ;-)

Skyrim?

Hehe, beat me to it :-P