Author Topic: Food  (Read 107091 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Food
« Reply #150: August 01, 2012, 12:10:50 AM »
Limited wars are fun. Its just that if Asylon hadnt turned it into an unlimited war and pulling Kabrinskia shock Kabrinskia would now be in your capital instead of Aurvandiil. Because until Asylon stepped it up, Kabrinskia had no intention for a cute fun war. You can look back on it now and butter it over all you want now but the reality is that Asylon saved your butts.

Secondly, Asylon still survives, and thrives. Look at the Kabrinskian frontier its a wasteland. Their hubris will turn the kingdom into a graveyard. We have started a second kingdom and will soon be bringing our 2nd army into the battle. We have plans for more kingdoms. With so many troops able to be recruited around Asylon the federation of kingdoms will never be cracked.

I have repeatedly sent peace overtures, and offered my own resignation. I am under the assumption that Astrum and Kabrinskia are hell bent blind to kill us no matter the cost.  They will be found to be wrong and damage their kingdoms for years to come.

Asylon will never be beaten by the arrayed armies against it. I guarantee it.

That wasteland has nothing to do with Asylon and everything to do with that neverending winter. We had like 20 bushels of food left in the entire Kingdom when the season finally turned.

As for the rest of it, your peace overtures have ranged from bizarre (trying to persuade me to stop the war with you and join you in backstabbing Terran together) to completely inconsistent. No one is hell bent on killing Asylon, you are hell bent on not making any sense. Last I spoke to you, you said you'd never step down. Then I hear through Turin that you'll step down if there are no foreign troops in Asylon (condition: satisfied, Glaumring: still King). Then I hear from Averyl that you'll step down after an agreement has been signed, then the same day you yourself say you'll step down as soon as we accept ceasefires that you decided to offer out of nowhere, even without a long term agreement. Well, which is it? Make sense!

The main reason there's no agreement is that Lysander thinks Glaumring is a fickle, untrustworthy rogue who can't be relied upon to keep to any terms that he might agree to. His reasoning goes like this:

Exhibit A: Asylon signs peace agreement with Kabrinskia. Two days later, Asylon declares war on Kabrinskia.

Exhibit B: Asylon attempts to convince Kabrinskia to stop attacking them and turn around and backstab Asylon's own ally, which Asylon will join Kabrinskia in doing.

Conclusion: Asylon is completely and totally treacherous and untrustworthy and can't be trusted to honor any agreement.

Lysander's been telling anyone who asks and anyone who will listen that he won't agree to anything so long as Glaumring is on the throne, for exactly these reasons. If Glaumring stepped down, things would probably get rolling. No one is particularly interested in this war anymore.