Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Food

Started by dustole, May 07, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foundation

Quote from: Galvez on May 24, 2012, 05:07:25 PM
Wine is also consumptive, but what was so great about Aurvandilian wine?

Didn't ya know, wining is constructive in the fullest sense.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

Quote from: Galvez on May 24, 2012, 05:07:25 PM
Wine is also consumptive, but what was so great about Aurvandilian wine?

Likely nothing much, hence why they are much more likely to offer you D'Haran mead on official visits. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Chénier on May 27, 2012, 05:06:10 PM
Likely nothing much, hence why they are much more likely to offer you D'Haran mead on official visits. ;)

Aurvandils royalty tends to roleplay itself as super wealthy and very happy to spend, I think you'd be welcome to any drink on the contintent at there expense as a diplomat ;)

Except Madinian wine....

On which note... litterally the turn the food arrives for that city... it jumps realms...

Chenier

Quote from: DamnTaffer on May 27, 2012, 05:42:35 PM
Aurvandils royalty tends to roleplay itself as super wealthy and very happy to spend, I think you'd be welcome to any drink on the contintent at there expense as a diplomat ;)

Except Madinian wine....

On which note... litterally the turn the food arrives for that city... it jumps realms...

Madinian wine? Even their best bottles taste like vinegar! Real wine is made in Luria. ;)

D'Haran awards go to:

Morek for best ale.
Luria Nova for best wine.
Solaria for best sparkling wine.
Corsanctum for best cider.
D'Hara for best mead.
Summerdale for best gin.

;)

Note: "Best" doesn't necessarily mean "good".  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

Madinean only know how to make light Beer (which the legend says its made with swamp water, but otherwise good for hot days of summer) and horribly strong rum only they drink!
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Chénier on May 27, 2012, 09:27:24 PM
Madinian wine? Even their best bottles taste like vinegar!

Bad enough taste to cause a civil war?

Glaumring the Fox

Asylon for its cobra blood rice wine.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

Quote from: JPierreD on May 27, 2012, 11:21:50 PM
Madinean only know how to make light Beer (which the legend says its made with swamp water, but otherwise good for hot days of summer) and horribly strong rum only they drink!

We should make a wiki page for this. I've RPed D'Hara as having bred the "Paisly Red turkey" (bourbon red) and the Raviel Black bee (carniolan), and being strong on mead.

I know many realms occasionally RP as favoring some type of drink, but it rarely is spread to other players' knowledge. With D'Harans trading stuff from all over to all over, we should know!

Foundation

So... back on topic.  How's food doing on Dwilight? :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

Quote from: Foundation on May 28, 2012, 03:26:58 AM
Before I could never find a buy order, now I am working on finding a sell order though I plan on travelling more to see other areas trade offers. But thats more market stuff, according to the statistics there are only 5 realms running a surplus I believe though that may be off a little. Thats about all I know about food on Dwilight. Since you are dev can you perhaps tell us how much food is on Dwilight now compared to the 275k there was when the changes begin?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

Quote from: Penchant on May 28, 2012, 06:13:01 AM
Since you are dev can you perhaps tell us how much food is on Dwilight now compared to the 275k there was when the changes begin?

I'm also rather curious about that.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

Quote from: Foundation on May 28, 2012, 03:26:58 AM

Sell orders have gone extinct... so hard to find them now :-(

Foundation

I think relative experience is more useful than absolute values in this case.  The total amount of food is still bewildering, but I'd rather you come to some conclusion yourself about the demand/supply in your relative sections of Dwilight.

As a side note, sell orders are rare on Atamara from my experience.

JPierreD

Quote from: Chénier on May 28, 2012, 02:55:21 AM
We should make a wiki page for this. I've RPed D'Hara as having bred the "Paisly Red turkey" (bourbon red) and the Raviel Black bee (carniolan), and being strong on mead.

I know many realms occasionally RP as favoring some type of drink, but it rarely is spread to other players' knowledge. With D'Harans trading stuff from all over to all over, we should know!

Here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight/Regional_Drinking_Habits

Edit at will, specially if you are from the specific region.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Foundation on May 28, 2012, 04:11:24 PM
As a side note, sell orders are rare on Atamara from my experience.

That's because so many people are buying constantly.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."