Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Food

Started by dustole, May 07, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bael

Quote from: Tom
Now that the excessive food stores have been reduced to more reasonable levels, food production on BT and Dwilight has been raised again, +25% for all regions, effective immediately.

I am sorry that half of Dwilight starved because of the bugs that caused the long winter. Better luck next time hey.

Added in the part that was left out.

Glaumring the Fox

The long winter was the best thing to happen to Dwilight in forever. For the first time kingdom bowed to the elements.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

fodder

not exactly the 1st time starvation happened en masse though..
firefox

Geronus

Eh, not quite the first time. Life and civilization on Dwilight were much more tenuous once upon a time. I remember my first winter in Astrum. 8k CS of monsters took up residence in Eidulb Outskirts for several days and tore down the walls while we shook our fists in impotent fury from the walls of Eidulb.

Ehndras

I must apologize but I literally just burst out laughing at the visualization of that scene - the looks my co-workers gave me said it all.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Glaumring the Fox

I wish there were more weather variables. I know people dont care much for it, but weather was a huge decider and impact on battles. If Dwilight was in different weather segments like the north having long cold periods and the south being desert you would probably see it affecting realms on so many levels and their culture.

Solari

Quote from: Foundation on August 01, 2012, 07:45:10 PM
Having your army sitting at home eats your own bushels.  Having your army sitting in an enemy realm eats their bushels. :P

Quoted for obvious truth.

Foundation

Quote from: Solari on August 02, 2012, 03:39:14 AM
Quoted for obvious truth.

Quoted for obvious quote.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ehndras

Quote from: Foundation on August 02, 2012, 05:28:23 AM
Quoted for obvious quote.

Quoted for consistent repetitiousness.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Vellos

Quoted for the purpose of creating a sense of mystery.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ehndras

Quote from: Vellos on August 02, 2012, 05:52:38 AM
Quoted for the purpose of creating a sense of mystery.

Quoted for the immortalizing of a timeless mystery beyond memory's grasp.

fodder

Quote from: Glaumring on August 02, 2012, 01:59:40 AM
I wish there were more weather variables. I know people dont care much for it, but weather was a huge decider and impact on battles. If Dwilight was in different weather segments like the north having long cold periods and the south being desert you would probably see it affecting realms on so many levels and their culture.

so basically the north and south are deadzones?
firefox

OFaolain

Quote from: fodder on August 01, 2012, 08:35:16 PM
now you tell me... i was told no food (for sale) up there before i headed back XD

Well it's not for sale now, not until I get a handle on what I can expect my duchy's production to be.  Speaking of which, Eoghan needs to go bother Lefanis some more about joining his duchy... >.>
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Glaumring the Fox

Quote from: fodder on August 02, 2012, 06:10:22 AM

so basically the north and south are deadzones?

No, just certain seasons. Like the middle of Dwilight goes through monsoons etc, have the entire map with weather zones that have benefits and negative aspects, like jungles have disease issues if uncivilized. I dont know just make the game more in depth... Im just rambling.

Gustav Kuriga

Muahahahaha!!! I just teleported from Farrowfield to Donghaiwei!