Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Food
« Reply #226: August 02, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
Or foreigners.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: August 02, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »
PS The whole 'no communication' thing is what prompted Halleria to switch. Glaumring kept nearly everything from her, even when she was the Judge, so f- that.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: August 03, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »
Are you sure it wasn't because Paul is so awesome and daring? *Steals Geronimo's thunder.*
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: August 03, 2012, 12:20:36 AM »
Or foreigners.

only because they came from the oceans XD
firefox

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: August 03, 2012, 12:43:22 AM »
PS The whole 'no communication' thing is what prompted Halleria to switch. Glaumring kept nearly everything from her, even when she was the Judge, so f- that.

No duh...Because you were untrustworthy obviously.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: August 03, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »
Or foreigners.

In Mandarin or Cantonese? Foreigner in Chinese is "Wy-gwo-ren" essentially meaning Outside country people. I only speak Chinese , sadly or happily I never learned to read/write it in 14 years living over there.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #232: August 03, 2012, 03:52:48 AM »
How about 洋人? 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: August 03, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »
... as i said.. the reason for that... is... that lot is from the ocean.

in even older times, there are many other different words for other foreigners..
firefox

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: August 03, 2012, 07:32:06 AM »
Actually, in informal conversations, we just call you foreigners 老外. :)

And I wouldn't worry about it, Glaumring. Most Chinese don't know how to write Chinese either. Not properly anyway. ;) And eventually everyone will be typing at a keyboard, and the only people left who knows how to write the language will be professional calligraphers.  :P
------
qui audet vincit

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: August 03, 2012, 08:44:48 AM »
I'm already here, and can teleport out once I do so.

So... bug or scroll?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #236: August 03, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »
Scroll

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: August 06, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »
No, just certain seasons. Like the middle of Dwilight goes through monsoons etc, have the entire map with weather zones that have benefits and negative aspects, like jungles have disease issues if uncivilized. I dont know just make the game more in depth... Im just rambling.
While I guarantee this will be rejected, I would like to see some of the benefits of winter be included.  Namely the freezing of rivers.  I am sure it would be a bit of a nightmare to code, but it would be great!  Make travel by ship imposible during fall and make travel over the ice posible during winter.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: August 06, 2012, 02:39:45 AM »
While I guarantee this will be rejected, I would like to see some of the benefits of winter be included.  Namely the freezing of rivers.  I am sure it would be a bit of a nightmare to code, but it would be great!  Make travel by ship imposible during fall and make travel over the ice posible during winter.

Travel by ship impossible? I was not aware the entire ocean froze over during winter.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: August 06, 2012, 02:43:37 AM »

Travel by ship impossible? I was not aware the entire ocean froze over during winter.

Plus this would only apply to rivers in cold areas. The rivers wouldn't freeze over in Maroccidens or the Madina Isle, for instance.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)