Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Food

Started by dustole, May 07, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

De-Legro

Its not really a "nightmare" to code, but currently the map information required doesn't exist. Someone would have to map all the area's that should be frozen, ship routes would need to be expanded so they know if they pass through one of these frozen zones and hey presto. Something similar could be done for marching over the rivers. However I doubt that adding what amounts to dynamic travel path information is going to get much priority.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Anaris

Quote from: De-Legro on August 06, 2012, 02:52:20 AM
Its not really a "nightmare" to code, but currently the map information required doesn't exist.

Actually...yes. Yes, it would be. Even with the appropriate map information, having routes between regions that changed periodically would require massive, wide-reaching code changes.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

Considering our current travel mechanism, it would be a sizeable overhaul.  Remember the 10 year old codebase that Tom's talking about?  He's not joking. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Perth

Quote from: Foundation on August 06, 2012, 03:15:45 AM
Remember the 10 year old codebase that Tom's talking about?  He's not joking. ;)

So, for someone like myself who knows nothing about coding, does this mean the codebase has stuff that is like.... era windows '98 essentially? Cause that's awesome. We should starting marketing the game to the whole retro-indie crowd.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

Quote from: Perth on August 06, 2012, 04:05:41 AM
So, for someone like myself who knows nothing about coding, does this mean the codebase has stuff that is like.... era windows '98 essentially? Cause that's awesome. We should starting marketing the game to the whole retro-indie crowd.

"Battlemaster: Authentic Vintage Online Gaming in an Organic Community"
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

Quote from: Vellos on August 06, 2012, 04:20:18 AM
"Battlemaster: Authentic Vintage Online Gaming in an Organic Community"

Dude... so perfect.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Foundation

Organic and Delectable.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Perth

No pesticides to deal with our bugs, only volunteer developers.

fodder

approved by prince c, p of w, d of c, etc? XD
firefox

Glaumring the Fox

This food issue isnt going to end is it?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

When the entire island is reduced to subsistence-level farming.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

By looking at the stats, I don't actually see the 25% increase. Hasn't it been long enough?

Indirik

Stats are delayed 7 days. When was the change made? Also, weather changed about the same time, I think, and several realms, especially in the southwest, are in drought conditions now.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

A couple weeks ago this was fun now its getting ridiculous. Perhaps monster attacks should also be increased during this time?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Bael

Quote from: Glaumring on August 07, 2012, 08:10:09 PM
A couple weeks ago this was fun now its getting ridiculous. Perhaps monster attacks should also be increased during this time?

Rather just have a daimon invasion and wipe the entire island out. It would be better than destruction-by-starvation.