Author Topic: No Zuma Thread  (Read 20638 times)

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
No Zuma Thread
« Topic Start: May 10, 2012, 04:54:57 AM »
Hey let's talk about something other than the Zuma.

How about Morek spawning a 15k CS army and invading Summerdale? Isn't that just grand? I wonder how the Summerdale players are taking it? Probably not how they saw the war working out for them but I've yet to read a 20+ page thread about how life is so unfair for them because Morek didn't stay out of it even though they asked them nicely.

Anyways - Dalian folks, I'm an open book. You have questions, we have answers.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: No Zuma Thread
« Reply #1: May 10, 2012, 05:07:46 AM »
Hey let's talk about something other than the Zuma.

How about Morek spawning a 15k CS army and invading Summerdale? Isn't that just grand? I wonder how the Summerdale players are taking it? Probably not how they saw the war working out for them but I've yet to read a 20+ page thread about how life is so unfair for them because Morek didn't stay out of it even though they asked them nicely.

Anyways - Dalian folks, I'm an open book. You have questions, we have answers.

Astrum could have done the same as the Zuma, but brought double the CS, and nobody would be bitching.

Also, hard NOT to bitch about the Zuma when people constantly bring them up, like this guy:

And that cavalier attitude completely disappears once the Zuma show up.

It's not like we weren't talking about the war before the Zuma came in, either.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 10, 2012, 05:16:43 AM »
I haven't been paying much attention this week, so I probably missed something, but why is Mt. Black a part of Morek now?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 10, 2012, 05:31:02 AM »
Did someone say Zuma? Cha cha cha
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 10, 2012, 05:36:15 AM »
Morek supported Libero and invaded Mt. Black. For some reason, Torrent's Breath is still not part of Summerdale, though. Isn't there a takeover taking place there?

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 10, 2012, 05:41:23 AM »
Morek supported Libero and invaded Mt. Black. For some reason, Torrent's Breath is still not part of Summerdale, though. Isn't there a takeover taking place there?

No, Mt. Black was a part of Libero and changed allegiance to Morek, I think. Torrents Breath was Summerdale's for about a day, but then it revolted back to Libero because we couldn't stop their ruler from lowering sympathy there.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 10, 2012, 05:45:24 AM »
Yes, Mt Black changed allegiance.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 10, 2012, 05:49:22 AM »
I would actually like to see Morek vs Zuma all posturing aside, from a curious standpoint.   Morek's overpowered units would probably have a very good chance.   

I've yet to read a 20+ page thread about how life is so unfair for them because Morek didn't stay out of it even though they asked them nicely.

Think we could hit 20 pages? :D   Meh,  this is -exactly- how we envisioned the war going given Morek's history of staying out of conflict... didn't think they would drop relations with Astrum and go to full out war though.   I do wonder the reason behind Orris' latest loyalty change though, Mr. Open Book, I'm hoping there was some RP behind it and it wasn't just a "we're giving you this region so you can start TOing".

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 10, 2012, 06:10:00 AM »
Morek's overpowered units would probably have a very good chance.

What is that even supposed to mean? 

I do wonder the reason behind Orris' latest loyalty change though, Mr. Open Book, I'm hoping there was some RP behind it and it wasn't just a "we're giving you this region so you can start TOing".

There sure is. If all goes well, you haven't seen half of it yet.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 10, 2012, 06:22:29 AM »
Also, hard NOT to bitch about the Zuma when people constantly bring them up, like this guy:

You came into a thread called the No Zuma Thread and quoted me counter-trolling your endless whining about the Zuma in a different thread. I am pretty sure that is Chenier for "I love you."
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 10, 2012, 06:31:29 AM »

What is that even supposed to mean? 

That means Morek did a great job building up their units...  not many times have I ever seen a whole army where the # of men to CS ratio is so high. 

There sure is. If all goes well, you haven't seen half of it yet.

If all goes well, I have.   I've played BM for over 8 years now, been on the losing side of a lot of wars.  I've been betrayed, outmaneuvered and outsmarted...  I'm not saying this to brag, but so that you'll understand better when I say, this is the only war that's left a bad taste in my mouth.  The only time BM has given me sleepless nights.  Before, I've always been able to say to myself that the people I'm playing against could well be my friends...  the way BM is, they probably are, just on another continent.  This war feels to me more like I'm playing against people who are playing to win... not people who are playing on the winning side.  If you don't think this applies to you, good.  I wash my hands of this conflict as soon as it's reasonable IC to do so.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 10, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
That means Morek did a great job building up their units...  not many times have I ever seen a whole army where the # of men to CS ratio is so high. 

Oh, ok. Thanks, and sorry for the paranoia.

If all goes well, I have.   I've played BM for over 8 years now, been on the losing side of a lot of wars.  I've been betrayed, outmaneuvered and outsmarted...  I'm not saying this to brag, but so that you'll understand better when I say, this is the only war that's left a bad taste in my mouth.  The only time BM has given me sleepless nights.  Before, I've always been able to say to myself that the people I'm playing against could well be my friends...  the way BM is, they probably are, just on another continent.  This war feels to me more like I'm playing against people who are playing to win... not people who are playing on the winning side.  If you don't think this applies to you, good.  I wash my hands of this conflict as soon as it's reasonable IC to do so.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I can assure you that nothing of the sort is going on.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 10, 2012, 07:09:35 AM »
To be quite honest the Summerdale-Libero war seemed to promise a change in the boring north. The Morekian intervention kinda turns back the situation to the good old boring north, in where a war with any neighbor will get you in a gang-bang from all the other realms.

Luckily I'm going there to stir up some trouble and bring some of the fun back. ;)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 10, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
This war feels to me more like I'm playing against people who are playing to win...

I don't think you're the only one who feels that way. The fact is that Summerdale is losing because the other side cheated, so the bad taste is unavoidable. In my 5 years of playing I never came across such a group of player(s) who are dancing on the edge of fair play, and the last charade where Mt. Black Nastrond realigned to Morek is a just a continuum of such a behavior for it is the breach of SMA rules.

So yes, like many in Summerdale, I am bitter and disappointed with all of this and once the plausible IC situation evolves I will be leaving with the rest of the Dalians wherever we may go, and will be avoiding the north west from now on in as wide range as possible. I don't want to whine or insult anyone but this is where I stand about this mess, and I prefer to play in a climate that is much more considerable about fair play than north-west of Dwilight is.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 10, 2012, 01:41:15 PM »
Who are the Dalians?