Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

You were either lied to, or your rulers never told you, or you missed it, etc.

The original treaty Brance proposed to Caerwyn allowed Caerwyn to keep Mech Alb and Elets. After Caerwyn refused and joined Asylon, that agreement was obviously nullified, as Caerwyn point blank refused to even consider it. Brance then negotiated with the Asylon ambassador at the time ( I don't remember his name) and set the western border of Kabrinskia as the line of regions of Dunnbrook - Mech Calen - Mech Alb. Those three regions and everything to the east was Kabrinskia. Everything to the west was unclaimed as far as Astrum was concerned. i.e. we made no claim on it in Kabrinskia's name. This was agreed to by the Asylon Ambassador and the ruler at the time, Zhoesya. The region of Elets was west of the line, and thus unclaimed as far as Astrum was concerned.

At some point after the founding of Kabrinskia, Glaumring claimed on the ruler's channel that Asylon was going to expand east into Mech Alb. I informed Glaumring, also on the ruler's channel, that Asylon had already agreed that Mech Alb was part of Kabrinskia. Glaumring responded something like "OK, we will abide by that agreement". And that was, so far as I knew, the end of the matter. There was never any attempt by Asylon to dispute that, nor was there any strong-arming or intimidation. It was a very polite and short discussion: "We're taking Mech Alb." "But you already agreed that that's part of Kabrinskia." "Oh, OK."

Some time later, Allison took offense at something Glaumring said, and claimed Elets in retaliation. Asylon's claim to Elets was never disputed by Astrum. It is a private border squabble between Kabrinskia and Asylon.

The fact that Asylon declared war and moved deliberately in Mech Alb first was like spitting in Astrum's eye.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

Quote from: Foundation on June 01, 2012, 07:03:02 PM
Can we please leave IC conflict IG and resolve them there?  Most posts on the last few pages do not belong on this !!OOC!! subforum.

A lot of what they've been doing is attempting to clear up what's IC disinformation and confusion, and what's OOC. I think that's valuable.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

That is indeed the case. Personally, I know that knowing OOC what's happened prevents a lot of OOC anger and hard feelings. I have no problem with a ruler controlling the flow of information IC, and using propaganda on his own realm to control their attitudes. It's one of the perks of being a ruler. But here on the forums in OOC mode, seeing that brought here as established fact causes problems.

Feylonis

Actually, I (halleria), while being the High Magistrate of Asylon, insulted Allison, and Allison, in retaliation, declared that Asylon had thereby rescinded its claims to Mech Alb, not Elets. That's where the disconnect stems from.

In the letter that Allison sent, there was also something alone the lines of "and if Asylon tries to take Mech Alb, we will bring down the might of the SA with us." That's where the 'strong-armed' part comes from.

Indirik

Yes, she did include Mech Alb in it. I am fairly certain she included Elets as well. That was when I stepped in an corrected them both. :) Glaumring still freely agreed to Mech Alb.

Graeth

I don't believe Elets was mentioned at all.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Feylonis

Let me see if I can c/p the message. That was a long while back, but I'm also fairly sure only Mech Alb was mentioned.

Indirik

Gotta love all that fuzzy recollection caused by the passage of time. :D

Geronus

Quote from: Glaumring on June 01, 2012, 06:34:18 PM
Exactly it was Kabrinskia and Astrums eventual plan to wipe out Terran and then attack Asylon and take the Itau duchy. We knew this for a long time and figured that if we lost Terran no one would be near enough to help us since we were the odd man out in the Astroist camp. We decided this was our chance to bloody some noses and fight a long side our only allies. The thing that annoyed Kabrinskia Astrum was that I wasnt following their plot and Asylon would never betray our friendship to Terran ever no matter the cost or state of the war. If Terran falls we will with it. If we succeed we will stand as an eternal bulwark in the midlands.

This is... Wrong. About Astrum anyway. We've never had any designs on Asylon. Of course now that you've provoked us, that's may no longer be the case.

dustole

It was just Mech Alb. We got Elets by asking Asylon if they minded if Kabrinskia took it while it was rogue.  They said go ahead and so we did and no one has ever said anything about it til now
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Glaumring the Fox

Stop with the insanity unpredictable !@#$ its been the last 2 weeks ive been my worse overall.

Thing is there has never been a moment in the Astrum Kabrinskia relationship that made us feel your realms were seperate in any way. Thats why we moved to take Mech Alb. We want the food and the strategic region. If no one has noticed there are food shortages everywhere. In preparation we decided its best to fight now while ahead than wait until we are starving
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

Plus any interaction with Astrum is usually one sided with long delays in communication. Raising levels of tension and mistrust.

The war that happened here is the result of miscommunication, mistrust. Asylon had been threatebed numerous times about several things like us harbouring 5000 evil Caerwynians when really it was only 3 or 4. About us taking land after the Astrum / Caerwyn war and then because Asylon had VE temples. Basically you guys wanted a war and when it came blamed me for all if it, propaganda, misinformation , insanity etc etc . Even Kabrinskia tried threatening us with thes Zuma. Im sorry but if im paranoid... I had plenty of reason and where I am from we call it caution.

Zakilevo

Is it just me or is this thread becoming more of a place to submit your whines and complaints?

Tom said it himself he is keeping close eye on the food and he will adjust them as he gets results. This food shortage thing is temporary. Just think of it as a big drought that used to ruin people's lives during the middle age.

Astrum wasn't going to join this war but Asylon was just asking for us to join in so we joined. I think most of people in Astrum now think Glaumring isn't sane since he changes his words so often.

I hope D'Hara and Morek join this war as well. That will make things even more interesting.

Glaumring the Fox

Aye and perhaps it is not too late to call Aurvandiil also?

Graeth

Quote from: Zakilevo on June 01, 2012, 08:45:35 PM
Is it just me or is this thread becoming more of a place to submit your whines and complaints?

Tom said it himself he is keeping close eye on the food and he will adjust them as he gets results. This food shortage thing is temporary. Just think of it as a big drought that used to ruin people's lives during the middle age.

Astrum wasn't going to join this war but Asylon was just asking for us to join in so we joined. I think most of people in Astrum now think Glaumring isn't sane since he changes his words so often.

I hope D'Hara and Morek join this war as well. That will make things even more interesting.

Lol wut?
He was stating facts not whining.  There is a food shortage so we went and initiated a TO in a food producing region. 
As far as flip flopping, we had a cease fire when half of the Netherworld was traveling to Golden Farrow and when it was apparent that we weren't at risk we ended it.  Is it really that hard for your characters to put 2 and 2 together?
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)