Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glaumring the Fox

I have embarrased myself too much.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

vonGenf

Quote from: Glaumring on June 07, 2012, 07:57:09 PM
I have embarrased myself too much.

It's not against you! You're not your character.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Uzamaki

Quote from: vonGenf on June 07, 2012, 08:17:57 PM
It's not against you! You're not your character.

Exactly. Remember, it's just a game.  ;)

Ehndras

Well, why not incite a political rebellion while RPing your king going mad? :P

Have fun with it! I did that once when I was 14, I made a serious mistake on some Fantasy-Medieval RP game (Noob mistake, mistook some history and started a war <_<), so I made an OOC deal with my men to RP my guy doing his ineffectual psychological flailing while allowing them to set things up for my succession, rather than make the passing-on more confusing and damaging to the nation.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Morningstar

Quote from: Indirik on June 07, 2012, 07:06:21 PM
For the record, here is the list of the 14 nobles who were in Astrum at the approximate time of the founding of Sanguis Astroism, which was somewhere around one month after the first turn that was run on Dwilight:

• Horus Darkfire, First Ordermarshal of Morek (disappeared)

Seriously, your paranoia has really taken you over the edge.

Eh, close enough. The reason Morek made the cut as one of the original realms was because of the SA backstory, so it was present in some form before Dwilight even opened, I'm pretty sure.

Regardless, I was Horus Darkfire. Had a fairly amicable relationship with Allison while I was there. But my character in Asylon is one of the staunchest anti-Allison people out there, and everyone in Asylon knows it. So yeah, definitely not a cabal going on with the founders. Not only are most of those characters gone, but I think most of those players are too.

Indirik

Quote from: Morningstar on June 07, 2012, 09:14:18 PMEh, close enough. The reason Morek made the cut as one of the original realms was because of the SA backstory, so it was present in some form before Dwilight even opened, I'm pretty sure.
I'm not sure what this means. Morek was one of the four realms created by Tom as the original realms of Dwilight. Tom gave the names of the realms and the style of realm it would be, and we created banners for them based on those descriptions. Deverka's player won the banner competition for Morek's banner, as was granted a free hero character in Morek as its first noble. Deverka then created the whole Bloodstars theme inspired by the banner he created. He didn't even have a name for it. We voted (informally) in the realm to select the name for the religion.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Contests/Dwilight_Realm_Banners
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dhalgren

Quote from: Glaumring on June 07, 2012, 07:38:29 PM
Its good advice. Im going to step down as king. I mucked up big and this character is ruined.

Do not step down for OOC reason: Glaumring might be paranoid and mad, but that is precisely why he shouldn't want to step down.
Keep up the paranoid madness, even in the middle ages people had to deal with the madness of kings - having to deal with it, be that faithfulness or betrayal, is FUN.
Ven - RIP
Orb - Beluaterra

Morningstar

Quote from: Indirik on June 07, 2012, 09:33:34 PM
I'm not sure what this means. Morek was one of the four realms created by Tom as the original realms of Dwilight. Tom gave the names of the realms and the style of realm it would be, and we created banners for them based on those descriptions. Deverka's player won the banner competition for Morek's banner, as was granted a free hero character in Morek as its first noble. Deverka then created the whole Bloodstars theme inspired by the banner he created. He didn't even have a name for it. We voted (informally) in the realm to select the name for the religion.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Contests/Dwilight_Realm_Banners

Yeah, I'm saying it was pretty well put together except for the name by the time the island opened up. Maybe a month later it was "official".

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Dhalgren on June 07, 2012, 09:45:49 PM

Do not step down for OOC reason: Glaumring might be paranoid and mad, but that is precisely why he shouldn't want to step down.
Keep up the paranoid madness, even in the middle ages people had to deal with the madness of kings - having to deal with it, be that faithfulness or betrayal, is FUN.

If it's a serious OOC reason, like this one, and it is only causing him stress, then stepping down and having a bit less on his shoulders would be good. OOC trumps IC when it comes to someone's emotional well-being.

Dhalgren

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on June 07, 2012, 10:47:09 PM
If it's a serious OOC reason, like this one, and it is only causing him stress, then stepping down and having a bit less on his shoulders would be good. OOC trumps IC when it comes to someone's emotional well-being.

Indeed. I was not clear. reformulating: do not step down because you think ooc that the character is ruined, for it is not. don't worry if the character has no direction, the others character will have to deal with it and it makes the game interesting.

but i agree with Gustav, if it is causing too much stress then step down, improvise an accidental death and start another character or whatever.

in all honesty, i think the forum might be stressing you out more than the character ig
Ven - RIP
Orb - Beluaterra

Marlboro

Insanity is difficult to roleplay not just conceptually but because other characters will usually react negatively, so even a well-played madman will often end up a pariah. I think you've done a good job so far, G, for what it's worth, but I understand why you'd feel the way you do. I've been roleplaying long enough (before I came to BM) to have gone down that same road myself.

If you're really set on retiring him, then I'd like to offer thanks for making my (admittedly short) Dwilight experience a little more colorful.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Vellos

Quote from: Indirik on June 07, 2012, 07:24:19 PM
Check temple records for the exact timing.

I kind of love that "temple records" are the longest dated records we have, and are utterly reliable.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Foundation

The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

You could have been the next Mad King of Asylon.

Really, it should become a realm tradition. It would be a highly unique realm theme.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

I find I get wound up coming onto the forum to correct peoples unfactual information about Asylon. Most of the stuff about Asylon is either dissing us or talking about how useless we are. Or how the realm is torn apart, or the king is mad etc etc. Glaumring is not a mad king. He is a zealous king and willing to be a tragic hero if it causes a better story. I messed up the strategy I had been on for the last two years etc has blown up and now Im on the verge of being destroyed by half of Dwilight, surrounded by weak unwilling allies in a difficult strategic place on the map with the Zuma breathing down my neck for months then the Kabrinskians and now the entire SA realms. Asylon cannot survive under that pressure. And its finally come down to the wire. Im going to try and stay away from the forums, but I hate readibg crap about Asylon that people spread on the forums to spread disinformation IG or affect their attitude to us.
We live lives in beautiful lies...