Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glaumring the Fox

They will soon realize, like we recently that a limited war is no way to win a conflict. Asylon vs Astrum is going to be a cool match. Pretty exciting time to be on Dwilight. Sometimes you have to shake things up to make it more fun.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

Quote from: Zakilevo on May 31, 2012, 12:32:04 AM
Can't wait for D'Hara's participation. I've never seen D'Hara do anything :o

Madina tried themselves, and we were a crippled struggling realm back then, with no gold, no recruitment centres, and no fortifications, or just about.

The long periods of prosperity have allowed us unprecendented leeway to address all of our vulnerabilities.

Of course, though, the more we wait, the stronger we'll be, so as long as no one else jumps into the war were are content to let things continue as they are evolving.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

Quote from: Zakilevo on May 31, 2012, 12:32:04 AM
Can't wait for D'Hara's participation. I've never seen D'Hara do anything :o

I sort of suspect that if they have not yet joined they will never do it. If, say, Aurvandil joins the war defeat will be certain, so D'Hara will just whistle and pretend they didn't see anything.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

DamnTaffer

Quote from: JPierreD on May 31, 2012, 02:30:35 AM
I sort of suspect that if they have not yet joined they will never do it. If, say, Aurvandil joins the war defeat will be certain, so D'Hara will just whistle and pretend they didn't see anything.

Aurvandil, whom currently are trying to hold there own lands, havn't finished TOing the Madina lands, and are having trouble with monsters in the madina dutchy. Not to mention the Barca situation. Doubtful we'll join anytime soon.

Geronus

Quote from: Chénier on May 31, 2012, 12:24:21 AM
I also have faith in this.

Terran, Barca, and Asylon can handle Kabrinskia and Astrum easily.

Astrum just makes the victory slower to achieve. And D'Hara's more than ready to compensate for any third-party, should others decide to save Allison's face.

Pff, it's never been about Allison. Well, maybe it is for you guys. Not for us though. And I'm at least as confident as you are about how things are going thus far. There's still a lot of cards that aren't on the table yet from both sides.

P.S.: I *love* Dwilight.

Chenier

Quote from: Geronus on May 31, 2012, 02:56:13 AM
Pff, it's never been about Allison. Well, maybe it is for you guys. Not for us though. And I'm at least as confident as you are about how things are going thus far. There's still a lot of cards that aren't on the table yet from both sides.

P.S.: I *love* Dwilight.

It's about a lot of things for a lot of people.

Getting at Allison (among others) is a good way to achieve a number of things, too.

Quote from: JPierreD on May 31, 2012, 02:30:35 AM

Aurvandil has nothing but praise for D'Hara. They scare some people, but they don't scare me.

Whenever people annoy me, I picture myself turning to Aurvandil and shouting: "RELEASE THE KRAKKEN!"
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Chénier on May 31, 2012, 03:31:41 AM
It's about a lot of things for a lot of people.

Getting at Allison (among others) is a good way to achieve a number of things, too.

Aurvandil has nothing but praise for D'Hara. They scare some people, but they don't scare me.

Whenever people annoy me, I picture myself turning to Aurvandil and shouting: "RELEASE THE KRAKKEN!"

If you could convince Aurv to attack a city and then roleplay being in the city at the time and as Aurvandil make a beachhead shouting "Release the Kraken" that would possibly be the best turn of events in dwilight history

Chenier

Quote from: DamnTaffer on May 31, 2012, 03:56:05 AM
If you could convince Aurv to attack a city and then roleplay being in the city at the time and as Aurvandil make a beachhead shouting "Release the Kraken" that would possibly be the best turn of events in dwilight history

Hey, D'Haran sea routes connect to a lot of places. You never know when an Aurvandil Krakken army may show up from one of them. ;)

Mind you, that would force us in a war. Which would force us to spend gold on troops. We are quite fine with swimming in seas of gold, wouldn't want to be forced to spend any of it for no good reason, now!

Penchant

Quote from: Chénier on May 31, 2012, 04:08:21 AM
We are quite fine with swimming in seas of gold
I am merely a knight in D'hara and have so much gold I am considering to start funding other realm's lords who can make a marketplace but haven't since I have nothing else to do with all my gold  and building marketplaces will make trading easier for me.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Feylonis

Astrum won't be attacking Terran while Asylon is right beside them. I'm also pretty sure that Morek and Libero will be joining the war once they're done destroying Summerdale.

Indirik

* Indirik lols

This thread is full of hilarity.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GoldPanda

Quote from: Penchant on May 31, 2012, 05:32:25 AM
I am merely a knight in D'hara and have so much gold I am considering to start funding other realm's lords who can make a marketplace but haven't since I have nothing else to do with all my gold  and building marketplaces will make trading easier for me.

So what I'm hearing is, I should tell your liege to tax you more? :D
------
qui audet vincit

Uzamaki

Quote from: Feylonis on May 31, 2012, 05:34:26 AM
Astrum won't be attacking Terran while Asylon is right beside them. I'm also pretty sure that Morek and Libero will be joining the war once they're done destroying Summerdale.

Morek and Libero Empire? You mean the same realms that would take about two weeks to get to Terran or Asylon and then about two weeks back for a refit?

Nice try. I doubt Libero enters this war. Maybe Morek comes down for a campaign or two. But I'll believe it when I see it(and I surely hope I don;t see it, because that's bad, bad news for Terran).

Marlboro

Quote from: Uzamaki on May 31, 2012, 06:39:09 AM
Morek and Libero Empire? You mean the same realms that would take about two weeks to get to Terran or Asylon and then about two weeks back for a refit?

Sure, two weeks by land. About a third that if by boat.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Zakilevo

Quote from: Marlboro on May 31, 2012, 06:50:59 AM
Sure, two weeks by land. About a third that if by boat.

Yep. It does reduce the travel time a lot.