Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzamaki

Quote from: Marlboro on May 31, 2012, 06:50:59 AM
Sure, two weeks by land. About a third that if by boat.

I did the travel times from Faithill to Muspelheim. It would take 11 days, which means probably at best 12 days for a rally. I expect it would take at least two weeks if they were shooting for Asylon.

Feylonis

Quote from: Uzamaki on May 31, 2012, 06:39:09 AM
Morek and Libero Empire? You mean the same realms that would take about two weeks to get to Terran or Asylon and then about two weeks back for a refit?

Nice try. I doubt Libero enters this war. Maybe Morek comes down for a campaign or two. But I'll believe it when I see it(and I surely hope I don;t see it, because that's bad, bad news for Terran).

I mean them who are part of the SA bloc. Considering that we're at war with two SA realms, and the history of SA being a single military unit, then yes, I expect them to appear on the battlefield.

Marlboro

Quote from: Uzamaki on May 31, 2012, 06:59:05 AM
I did the travel times from Faithill to Muspelheim. It would take 11 days, which means probably at best 12 days for a rally. I expect it would take at least two weeks if they were shooting for Asylon.

Aegir to Golden Farrow is ~75 hours going Aegir-Freke-Mimer-Libidizedd-Eidulb-Golden Farrow (Give or take a couple; my "military adviser" refused to believe there was any way to go from Freke to Mimer). Assuming you're starting with the full pool or something close to it, and still getting 8 hours a turn, that's 4-5 days (Unsure if being set to Vanguard would further reduce the final figure). There will definitely be stragglers, but even half of them arriving suddenly would be an instant game-changer.

That said, not counting on it, but it's only marginally worse than Barca's hike.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Perth

Looks like there is about to be a close battle in Demyansk between Terran and Kabrinskia. Should be interesting!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kellaine

Quote from: Perth on May 31, 2012, 07:21:58 AM
Looks like there is about to be a close battle in Demyansk between Terran and Kabrinskia. Should be interesting!

12000 cs vs. 11000 cs... is going to be real close.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Meneldur

Quote from: Feylonis on May 31, 2012, 07:03:33 AM
I mean them who are part of the SA bloc. Considering that we're at war with two SA realms, and the history of SA being a single military unit, then yes, I expect them to appear on the battlefield.

Perhaps you should re-read your history books... In the past nothing short of a crusade has forced the entire SA bloc to work as one unit.

I mean Morek and Libero *could* join in, but why would they? Astrum has in interest in curbing Asylon's power in the region, but I doubt anyone else apart from maybe Iashalur has similar aims.

Feylonis

Quote from: Meneldur on May 31, 2012, 10:15:48 AM
Perhaps you should re-read your history books... In the past nothing short of a crusade has forced the entire SA bloc to work as one unit.

I mean Morek and Libero *could* join in, but why would they? Astrum has in interest in curbing Asylon's power in the region, but I doubt anyone else apart from maybe Iashalur has similar aims.

Perhaps you should read up on current events. The Kabrinskians are trying to spin it so that Asylon is anti-SA, and therefore, worthy of being crusaded against.

Meneldur

Quote from: Feylonis on May 31, 2012, 11:00:02 AM
Perhaps you should read up on current events. The Kabrinskians are trying to spin it so that Asylon is anti-SA, and therefore, worthy of being crusaded against.

I know, I am in SA. However it is a rather moot point as Allison has yet to convince the other theocracies or the Church Elders of this, and I highly doubt she will be able to do so in the near future. Simply because Allison wants somthing doesn't mean SA automatically follows; if that had been the case SA would have turned against the Moot ages ago.

vonGenf

Quote from: Feylonis on May 31, 2012, 07:03:33 AM

I'm unsure how it is that you count Libero as "part of SA" but not Asylon... what's your criteria?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

dustole

Libero has a higher concentration of SA.  Also, never underestimate what Allison is capable of...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

Quote from: GoldPanda on May 31, 2012, 06:12:33 AM
So what I'm hearing is, I should tell your liege to tax you more? :D

His liege probably isn't sure what to do with his own gold, so what'd be the point? ;)

As for other SA realms entering the war... Pfff. We are prepared for it, but I doubt it'll happen. All of the realms involved have SA as an official religion. I think you overestimate how much Morek likes Allison. After all, Allison *did* secede from Morek once, didn't she?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

We live lives in beautiful lies...

Geronus

Terran and Asylon both freely permit the worship of SA, and the Church is well aware of that fact.

Glaumring the Fox

She seceded and then they spun it as a trick when it was really just Caerwyn attacking Astrum and SA figuring out they didnt want to fight themselves as much as Caerwyn.

Glaumring the Fox

We are not anti-SA we are anti-Kabrinski. As soon as she is dethroned we will cease the war and deal with land issues.