Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

* Indirik lols

I need to stop reading this thread. I keep choking on my coffee from all the laughing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

Quote from: Marlboro on May 31, 2012, 07:06:57 AMmy "military adviser" refused to believe there was any way to go from Freke to Mimer

From the Military Adviser page:
"Determine how long it will take you with your unit and paraphernalia to travel between any pair of adjacent regions."
Mimer and Freke are not adjacent. That's why you can't get that time estimate.

Feylonis

Quote from: vonGenf on May 31, 2012, 12:04:17 PM
I'm unsure how it is that you count Libero as "part of SA" but not Asylon... what's your criteria?

Asylon also has at least 2 religions other than SA active in it. Libero, and even Summerdale, does not.

Glaumring the Fox

Contrary to Feylonis desires for holy crusade. This is not a religious war and Asylons history demanded of it to be more tolerant than the older homogenized realms. We didnt have the virtue of Gm protection in an empty map to create our realm.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Foundation

My name is Bob, and I'm proud to be a rich and lazy trader of D'hara.

Disclaimer: the above may have true content 50% of the time with 25% accuracy
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

Quote from: Foundation on May 31, 2012, 05:12:22 PM
My name is Bob, and I'm proud to be a rich and lazy trader of D'hara.

Disclaimer: the above may have true content 50% of the time with 25% accuracy

Slobs of the world: unite!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

Quote from: Feylonis on May 31, 2012, 04:49:00 PM
Asylon also has at least 2 religions other than SA active in it.
Does it still? I know that daimon worship in Asylon died out.

QuoteLibero, and even Summerdale, does not.
I wouldn't be too sure of that... (Well, about there being two of them, anyway...)

BardicNerd

Quote from: Feylonis on May 31, 2012, 04:49:00 PM
Asylon also has at least 2 religions other than SA active in it. Libero, and even Summerdale, does not.

There's also the fact that Libero's Queen in one of SA's Elders.  They're not a theocracy, but . . . I'd definitely call them a SA realm.  Others may not, of course, but in my opinion they are de facto SA.

Chenier

Quote from: BardicNerd on May 31, 2012, 05:41:25 PM
There's also the fact that Libero's Queen in one of SA's Elders.  They're not a theocracy, but . . . I'd definitely call them a SA realm.  Others may not, of course, but in my opinion they are de facto SA.

Even if not necessarily ruled by them, we have well-placed members of the Church in our realms as well, and friends in the church abroad.

Allison is skilled and have pull, but she does not have the whole of the church backing her up. Especially when her actions only serve her own political purposes, while lowering respect for the Church in the eyes of others.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

Quote from: Chénier on May 31, 2012, 05:46:01 PMAllison is skilled and have pull, but she does not have the whole of the church backing her up.
While true, this only defines one side of the issue. You seem to have convinced yourself that this is the only side that matters, or that the other side not exist.

It is possible to join a conflict on the side of Team X with one of two goals in mind: To support Team X, or to oppose Team Y. You can join Team X's side to accomplish one of these goals even if you don't like the idea that you are also accomplishing the other goal at the same time. So long as you like one goal more than you dislike the other goal, you will still join.

So, yes, Allison herself may not enjoy the favor of the entire church. But if you're betting on that, then you've placed a losing bet. What you should really be betting on is: Do all the northern realms want Allison to lose more than they want Asylon/Terran to lose? But the issue is even more complicated than that, because thanks to Glaumring, there are now two separate wars that you need to account for. Which tosses the whole situation back into the air. And a simple "Allison doesn't have the support of the whole church" is ridiculously inadequate to describe the dynamics of the situation. And again, if that's your bet, then it's a losing one.

Vellos

Quote from: Indirik on May 31, 2012, 06:06:19 PM
While true, this only defines one side of the issue. You seem to have convinced yourself that this is the only side that matters, or that the other side not exist.

It is possible to join a conflict on the side of Team X with one of two goals in mind: To support Team X, or to oppose Team Y. You can join Team X's side to accomplish one of these goals even if you don't like the idea that you are also accomplishing the other goal at the same time. So long as you like one goal more than you dislike the other goal, you will still join.

So, yes, Allison herself may not enjoy the favor of the entire church. But if you're betting on that, then you've placed a losing bet. What you should really be betting on is: Do all the northern realms want Allison to lose more than they want Asylon/Terran to lose? But the issue is even more complicated than that, because thanks to Glaumring, there are now two separate wars that you need to account for. Which tosses the whole situation back into the air. And a simple "Allison doesn't have the support of the whole church" is ridiculously inadequate to describe the dynamics of the situation. And again, if that's your bet, then it's a losing one.

Before Asylon started TOing, I would have suggested that most SA realms were content to have Terran and allies beat up on Kabrinskia and embarrass them. I think most of them were, if not ecstatic, at least comfortable with the idea of Terran being the main power in the area.

But Asylon's actions... greatly complicate it. I suspect very few in SA are content to let Asylon be the hegemon south of Astrum. Terran might have been acceptable; I seriously doubt Asylon will be.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

Battle in Odona   (57 minutes ago)
D'Hara vs. (rogue)
Estimated strengths: 100 men vs. 20 men
The hero Sir Francis Adams Kinsey of D'Hara, General and Prime Minister of D'Hara, Duke of Port Raviel, Margrave of Port Raviel, Marshal of the Dragon Corps was killed by a militia unit of (rogue).

Attacker Victory!

Time for a shakeup in D'Hara...

Kellaine

The Battle in Demyansk was a complete route.  Terran forces were devastated.  I can put a battle report up here but I can share a letter from our general immediately following the battle. It simply lists the wounded and the captured.

Letter from William Hyde   (27 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (26 recipients)
The Stars are were with us this day.

wounded:

Terran (7)
    Hireshmont II Vellos of Terran, Chief Magistrate of Terran has been wounded by Shiba Archers (34)
    Octavian Mars of Terran, Senator of Mistight has been wounded by Comes the Dawn (25)
    Kas Mayhem of Terran, Senator of Lavendrow has been wounded by Temple's doom (36).
    Octavian Mars of Terran, Senator of Mistight has been wounded by Farrowfield Heavy Cavalry (28).
    Gregor Dmitros of Terran (Knight of Shoka, Terran) has been wounded by The Widow Makers (38).
    Alura Aurea of Terran, Senator of Vassar has been wounded by Fist of the Maddening Star (29)
    Erasmus La Pointe of Terran, Magistrate of Justice of Terran, Senator of Vashgew has been wounded by Farrowfield Heavy Cavalry (28).

Kabrinskia (2)
    Vistuvis Adriddae of Kabrinskia (Knight of Golden Farrow, Kabrinskia) has been wounded by Phantaran Longbows (11)
    Samos Mithridates of Kabrinskia, Count of Elets has been wounded by Dearth (3).

Captured

Terran
    Harim Belios of Terran, Senator of Inklen has been captured by The Red Robes (37).  (((Samos wins 50 Gold from me)))

Kabrinskia
    Pippa Anderbliss of Kabrinskia (Dame of Mech Alb, Kabrinskia) has been captured by Perthian Flyers VI (10). 

Kabrinskia still has 10K CS and Terran is down to 4K CS...  I look for them to retreat soon.

in the mean time Asylon has a force gathering in Mech Alb that I assume will be dealt with soon.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Indirik

What were the real troop counts? The HBR was "930 men vs. 1620 men". Was there a peasant mob n Kabrinskia's side?

Kellaine

Quote from: Indirik on May 31, 2012, 07:41:33 PM
What were the real troop counts? The HBR was "930 men vs. 1620 men". Was there a peasant mob n Kabrinskia's side?

You mean this?

Total:
20 attackers (425 Inf, 434 Arch, 75 Cav, 108 SF)
19 defenders (174 Inf, 131 MI, 319 Arch, 250 Cav, 56 SF, 725 other)
Total combat strengths: 11742 vs. 11814

The region owner Kabrinskia and their allies defend.
The Terran troops attack because they are at war with Kabrinskia.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused