Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlboro

Quote from: Indirik on May 31, 2012, 03:44:10 PM
From the Military Adviser page:
"Determine how long it will take you with your unit and paraphernalia to travel between any pair of adjacent regions."
Mimer and Freke are not adjacent. That's why you can't get that time estimate.

D'oh, confirmation bias. I was hoping it was the silly commoner that was an idiot, not me.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Velax

So what happened there? Did the peasants soak up a ton of hits, or did the cav win it for you?

Marlboro

Quote from: Velax on May 31, 2012, 08:04:06 PM
So what happened there? Did the peasants soak up a ton of hits, or did the cav win it for you?

As for the peasants, really not as much as you'd think. There was one mob of 725, and they "only" took 111 casualties once they got into melee (over the course of four rounds). Correspondingly, they didn't really do much damage to the enemy.

Cav did good, infantry did good, really just solid work from everyone involved. I was pretty surprised when I woke up to find I didn't have to hit Rally, honestly.

Indirik

@Katayanna: Yes, that's it.

Nice big peasant mob. 111 casualties is... 40 or so troops? Depending on quality.

Nice job to Kabrinskia. Looking at those numbers, I'd think Terran would have won handily. Cav turned the tide for you? That's a big advantage in cavalry to crush the attackers ranks.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

I'd bet on the charge completely breaking the infantry line, and the archers getting decimated soon after.  If Terran troops were engaged on the peasant mob, the battle would be even more one sided.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Marlboro

Quote from: Indirik on May 31, 2012, 08:34:01 PM
Nice big peasant mob. 111 casualties is... 40 or so troops? Depending on quality.

Nice job to Kabrinskia. Looking at those numbers, I'd think Terran would have won handily. Cav turned the tide for you? That's a big advantage in cavalry to crush the attackers ranks.

The mob had CS of ~1/man, my infantry unit's a little more than 10/man, so more like 11-12. Not saying superior horsepower (IE Brom's unit) didn't make a difference but as an infantry commander Paul's reluctant to give them all the credit here. XD

Indirik

How many hits per casualty on the peasants? Normal infantry take 20-30, depending on quality.

Glaumring the Fox

Asylon is no longer pursuing a policy of takeover in Mech Alb. This whole thing has gone insane and I can hardly believe the attitude towards Asylon in Dwilight, you guys !@#$ing hate me, have since Thulsoma for some reason there has been a massive !@#$ing hate for Glaumring IG and Oog since forever, Geronus has disliked me, Indirik, garrett, Haktoo, Libero, most of Morek, Corsanctum now, and all of Kabrinskia... I am not sure why but its probably because I have individual ideas and a strong personality. I really dont understand it all. Hell I dont think even Vellos or Chenier like me. I get it, everyone was waiting for this mOment for ages... No matter what diplomacy or things Asylon tries its always me versus SA and the rest of Dwilight... And I have no idea why, I try to have fun, make it fun and run an interesting realm. Even my ideas like bloodmoon are derided. When you guys destroy me for whatever reason... At least I'll know I fought hard against the whole world.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Darksun

Quite the rant.

I think you have very colourful ideas in game but don't take the time to build the friendships and alliances that you need before you start to put your plans in action. Just my view from Libero, which does indeed dislike you but mostly because you mad-mouth us every chance you get.

Indirik

... you have a serious persecution complex.

The reason that so many realms are aligned against you is quite simple: You declared defensive support for Terran in the war. So far, so good. We're cool with that, and content to let you guys fight it out. But from almost day one, you kept trying to expand the war well beyond your original claims on spurious and inconsequential rationalizations, without even consulting your erstwhile allies. Did you think that would make *anyone* happy? You kept waffling back and forth: "We're going to do this. No we're not. Yes we are. No we're not..." You signed a cease-fire with Kabrinskia, then turned around and declared an offensive, land-grabbing war on them two days later. WTH? What did you expect to happen?

Asylon agreed to certain borders with Kabrinskia. There was no coercion involved, despite your IC claims. Everyone involved knows this. So your IC claims of coercion and bullying against Asylon arouse IC anger and hostility. You've declared war on the basis that your claims are being ignored and disrespected. Despite the fact that when Astrum finished off Caerwyn we allowed Asylon to take land that included two duchies that more than doubled the size of Asylon. And what we get in return is outraged defiance that we didn't let you have one more region. How dare we be so selfish!

(FWIW - I specifically did NOT set hard borders in a formal treaty specifically so that this type of border war would eventually erupt between Kabrinskia and their neighbors. If the war had been Kabrinskia v. Asylon *or* Kabrinskia v. Terran, then it probably would have stayed a simple 1v1 border war. Running both wars concurrently, coupled with the seemingly irrational acts of Glaumring is what caused the entrance of Astrum into the war.)

Your character makes wildly opposite shifts in stance at the drop of a hat. (FYI - We've gotten apologetic letters from at least three Asylonian nobles apologizing for the rash and irrational acts of their ruler.) Your character spouts seemingly random gibberish with no discernible reason. (You called the Holy Prophet a muffin head...) Many of our characters are convinced that the Glaumring character is flat out insane. And no one wants A realm as large and powerful as Asylon on their borders being led by an insane king.

As far as I know, no one has any OOC hate for you. But, IC, we all think Glaumring is bat!@#$ crazy. We blame it on the bloodmoon fruit.

Marlboro

Quote from: Indirik on May 31, 2012, 10:07:28 PM
(You called the Holy Prophet a muffin head...)

That was actually the moment I decided I liked Glaumring.

As far as I know, no one has any OOC hate for you. But, IC, we all think Glaumring is bat!@#$ crazy.

This. We're enemies, but as a player I respect that you bring an element of fun to the table.

Glaumring the Fox

I act irrational because every time I do something I am attacked by everyone all the time. I literally have to dance around on my toes just to keep up. When I was in Thulsoma no one talked to me, there was a heresy trial and Libero threatened us all the time with war. So I left to Asylon, same thing happened no one talked to me and Caerwyn threatens me with war all the time and the Astroists stick Allison Kabrinski next to me who immediately sets out to start a fight. Its clear I am not like by Astroism or the Astroist realms. My realm is a not a theocracy like the others.

I may be mad but I got my kingdom very far without next to zero support both Thulsoma and Asylon. I'll do it again.

Indirik

Quote from: Glaumring on May 31, 2012, 10:17:54 PM
So I left to Asylon, same thing happened no one talked to me and Caerwyn threatens me with war all the time
Oh come on!! You instigated a revolt and took over their colony! Did you expect them to pay you tribute in milk and cookies?!

Quoteand the Astroists stick Allison Kabrinski next to me
Which had nothing to do with you or Asylon. That was aimed at the Moot and Terran. And it worked. You just got in the way.

Quotewho immediately sets out to start a fight.
Of course she did. It's Allison. The entire purpose of her realm was to start a war. Although, to be honest, it wasn't supposed to be with Asylon. But then again, you chose your own side in that war. We didn't lump you in with Terran, you jumped into their arms all on your own.

QuoteIts clear I am not like by Astroism or the Astroist realms.
Like I said, we all think Galumring is literally insane.

QuoteMy realm is a not a theocracy like the others.
Irrelevant. Neither is LE or Summerdale. Astrum has good relations with Summerdale. Morek and LE are good neighbors. We're all pretty friendly with Solaria. Some of us even like D'Hara. And, although I don't know why, some people even are friendly with Terran. :o

QuoteI may be mad but I got my kingdom very far without next to zero support both Thulsoma and Asylon. I'll do it again.
You have indeed done a lot. Asylon is flourishing. It has grown to a very large, prosperous, and powerful kingdom. Yet you just can't get rid of this Napoleon complex you seem to have, constantly accusing everyone of looking down on you and your realm. It's simply not true.

Glaumring the Fox

I have sent diplomats to Astrum to speak wht I beed to say an never a reply. Kabrinskia and astrum will destroy Asylon to the last blade of grass. Spare the realm, take me, kill me instead. Dont kill them for the ramblings of the mad king.

Arrakis

What's all the fuss about? I was under impression Asylon/Terran was doing well? No need to give up before the match even begins right?
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)