Author Topic: Religion is missing something?  (Read 79581 times)

Stormcrow

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Religion is missing something?
« Reply #120: July 13, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »
First of all, in my humble opinion religion doesn't miss a thing except players willing to make it work. If a religion fails it is the responsibility of the ones running it. We have several religions that quite obviously show that it works if some energy is put into its growth. That is really all that makes the difference between a successful religion and a failure.

Concerning the tools of the priests and especially the RTO. I did it with one of my priests FOUR times now. I never failed and I always was able to hold the region on my own. So, if you tried and failed that was bad luck and I am sorry but it isn't like this in general or perhaps I was just very, very lucky but I doubt that.

The power of religion. Don't get me started about Sanguis Astroism. I am convinced that SA has more power in Dwilight than any single realm on the continent. If you ask me SA controls 3 + 2 half realms. Yes the realms are "free" but if the Prophet calls there is no question, they will follow. Reason? RP in my opinion, no game mechanics at all. In Corsanctum you can't even become a Lord if you are not of the Faith. How much power needs a religion to be recognized as a power to reckon with?

I said it in the beginning and I say it again. Most religions need more involved players and not more tweaks. That would help tremendously but it is nothing that can be forced.
"If you loose one sense your other senses are enhanced.

That's why people with no sense of humor have an increased sense of self-importance"