Author Topic: Religion is missing something?  (Read 81599 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Religion is missing something?
« Reply #150: October 31, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »
If you have this, new religions will never be able to grow because any lord who opts out of the stale old national religion will have his region revolt on him.

I am increasingly convinced that what we need is not more new religions, it's fewer old stupid ones.

Now, I know that, as things stand, raising barriers to entry for religion would indeed benefit the old stupid religions.  But I'm wondering what would happen if raising the barriers to entry were combined with making it a little easier to destroy a religion, and implementing the sect/schism mechanics that the dev team has been talking about for a while... (short, rough version: any religion can have sects form within it, any religion member can be a member of any of the sects or the mainline religion, any sect can schism from the religion with its followers and associated temples going with it, forming a new religion)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan