Author Topic: Religion is missing something?  (Read 82116 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Religion is missing something?
« Reply #180: November 14, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »
Yup, I have to agree on that. SA was just the "right time right location".

my two cents to the religion debate.

In my oppinion most players seek to "improve" their characters. A religion does not offer anything physical to use. It´s mostly RP and lets be honest, a lot of the players seek something to improve their char and a good RP is not part of that. Very bluntly said, a new noble seeks to become a region lord in the shortest way possible (or some other title/position). Religions mostly can't offer this. SA, due to it being large and state religion in many realms has the possibility to offer such physical improvemends.

Indeed, now SA has become large enough to have similar appeal to rulers in normal realms. In other words, people are willing to suck up to it in hopes of rewards or protection.

And agreed on your first point as well. Religions are drains in every sense. Lots of spending (especially now that they are taxed) with about no reward. As a result, hardly anyone involves himself in the religion game. It's easier not to, after all, and I could think of a thousand better ways to spend one's gold and time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron