Author Topic: Religion is missing something?  (Read 78688 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Religion is missing something?
« Reply #60: May 27, 2011, 12:28:05 AM »
I'll leave out the references or this will be too long

Yes, game mechanics give religious founders very little. It is up to the players to make that happen, and invest power into their religious leaders.

yes, but the whole point of this thread is how that really isn't working most of the time, and religion needs some help to spruce it up a bit. Obviously Rulers have something founders don't, cause look at all the Realms we have.

One difference is obviously, you are (nearly) required to be in a realm, and face the consequences good and bad of that. You don't have to join  a religion, and no one will be the wiser.

1) (taxes) - yes, I had envisioned taxes coming from the same pot. so the lord isn't happy about it, but what can he do? piss off a powerful church, with its consequences?

3) (crowning) the founder or elder travels to the capitol or same region and clicks "crown", like signing a treaty. Ruler doesn't get some (any?) of his buttons until then. Perhaps after a certain amount of time, anarchy hits or rebellions are easier or etc.. I see there being more RP potential in this than actual game mechanics

6) yes, for now it would have to be a single realm army. I would like to see "army diplomacy", where armies match against armies first, then align by realm, but that's another thread and a complex idea