Author Topic: Duchy Recruitment Discussion  (Read 6671 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Duchy Recruitment Discussion
« Reply #15: May 22, 2012, 06:58:32 AM »
Yeah, there'd need to be a serious change in the recruitment mechanics.

I do agree that it'd be useful for regions or duchies to have some limited form of recruitment. Only being able to recruit troops in the capitol is very inefficient and annoying for certain realms, while offering a massive advantage for others. I'd figure if you'd not go for a more realistic system where each duchy has its own unique troops, perhaps offered by specific regions so as to give further incentive to capture regions rather than just loot them.(oooh, Lyton gives its Duchy longbowmen! Time to do some annexing! Glaubensmill gives militia? Eh, let it burn. -For example)

Otherwise, we can go for a general system where the good stuff (longbows, spec ops, cavalry) can be recruited at the capitol as usual, but nobles in other regions can resupply their army with much weaker, badly-trained soldiers. Something more akin to pre-medieval warfare a-la Alexander The Great/Ghengis Khan/etc, where you'd embark with your original, elite army and have to recruit !@#$tier counterparts or have them assembled from the homeland after a while.

Also, JPierreD, are you Brazilian?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 22, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
i'd worry more about having no capital, but a ton of other regions (but no city/stronghold).
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 22, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »
Also, JPierreD, are you Brazilian?

Uruguayan living in Brazil, how'd you know?
Though I recommend in the future to make such kind of questions in a private message, or they might go easily unseen.
I'm always in Battlemaster's IRC chat, for if you need anything. :)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 22, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »
Uruguayan living in Brazil, how'd you know?
Though I recommend in the future to make such kind of questions in a private message, or they might go easily unseen.
I'm always in Battlemaster's IRC chat, for if you need anything. :)

Huh, wow. Do you understand Portuguese at all? Eu sou Brasileiro, minha familia e' de Minas Gerais. Quanto tempo voce mora no Brasil?

I was just curious really. :) I think I accidentally clicked on your profile for some reason, where I noticed it said you live in Brasil.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 22, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »
Minas Gerais e' muinto bonito. 
What is the topic of this thread again?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 22, 2012, 11:40:19 PM »
Minas Gerais e' muinto bonito. 
What is the topic of this thread again?

Meaning we should take the conversation another place. Either send me a PM in here or join the IRC channel to chat with us. E, sim, falo portugues, ja que moro em PoA faz algums anos. :)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).