Author Topic: Temporary Lordships  (Read 9524 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary Lordships
« Reply #15: May 23, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »
No, I mean if there is no temp lord, a newly TO'ed region. Election starts automatically. Nobody runs, nobody wins. Election starts automatically. Nobody runs, nobody wins. Will this continue forever?

Yes.

If you want to run with deliberately lordless regions for any significant amount of time, you can bloody well deal with a little bit of message spam.

I know. How is the duchy chosen?

By the game, when the TO finishes, based on adjacent duchies.

I guess what I'm asking for is for when a duke has a lordless, knightless region in his duchy, to give that duke the ability to give the region to another duchy. Rulers can do this already, why not dukes?

And yes, I know this is an edge case, and therefore not a programming priority.

You're darn right it's not. Again, we are deliberately not making it easy to run with loads of lordless regions.

If you want to do that, you do so at your own risk, accepting the consequences, and not trying to get around them by breaking rules like "no temporary lordships."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan