Author Topic: Temporary Lordships  (Read 9421 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary Lordships
« Reply #30: May 24, 2012, 02:25:30 AM »

This could encourage Terran, for example, to attack the Zuma, and take over their lands.

You know, I actually hadn't thought of that. If regional incomes could be effectively combined, taking those badlands could actually be worthwhile. And I can just imagine how fun it would be to be duke of the badlands and have no knights or lords: you wander around unruly, depopulated lands, holding court in empty estates, collecting inefficient taxes... it'd be fun from an RP perspective.

(which does not justify temporary lordships, just fleshing out egamma's suggestion that there should be some mechanism for doing this)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #31: May 24, 2012, 04:59:13 AM »
I've been thinking about this ever since you (or was it Hireshmont?) said, in another thread, that there was no benefit to going to war with the Zuma because the regions are crap. But if one or two people collected the income of all the Zuma lands...then you're talking a tidy sum.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 24, 2012, 06:43:48 AM »
You know, I actually hadn't thought of that. If regional incomes could be effectively combined, taking those badlands could actually be worthwhile. And I can just imagine how fun it would be to be duke of the badlands and have no knights or lords: you wander around unruly, depopulated lands, holding court in empty estates, collecting inefficient taxes... it'd be fun from an RP perspective.

(which does not justify temporary lordships, just fleshing out egamma's suggestion that there should be some mechanism for doing this)

And with the new ability to give specific names to duchies it could end up being a pretty cool RP thing, for sure.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)