Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Bloodlines Game  (Read 13293 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Bloodlines Game
« Reply #15: June 04, 2012, 02:26:44 AM »
Eagerly awaiting to play. Where in byzantium did you start, by the way?

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #16: June 04, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »
Hopefully not too high in the chain. 

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 11, 2012, 02:07:04 AM »
Just saw the game at 75% off in steam today, so I picked it up myself. I guess I'll join this game as well if spots are still open. It'll be a while before it gets to me anyway, so I don't see it being an issue. It'll give me time to learn the game.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 11, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »
I don't even know who has the save file right now.

If someone doesn't speak up soon I'll just start one and send it to Jor.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #19: June 12, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »
We should probably wait until the patch that's supposed to happen later this month as it's possible it will break the save otherwise.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 12, 2012, 01:50:50 PM »
It probably won't =)  But all right.

Georgia is a lot of fun, but very unforgiving of mistakes.  It's ridiculously more difficult than the reconquista, which makes it fun.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 14, 2012, 06:51:54 AM »
It probably won't =)  But all right.

Georgia is a lot of fun, but very unforgiving of mistakes.  It's ridiculously more difficult than the reconquista, which makes it fun.

Considering the overwhelming possibilities for failure... maybe something a little less difficult would be suitable.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 28, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »
Given the latest patch and the new de jure empires that exist.. Would anyone be interested in switching over to spain or the british isles for the game?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 13, 2012, 02:08:45 AM »
Hey everyone, can someone give me a review/recommendation on CKII? The "Crusader Kings II Collection" is on sale on Steam (Steam Summer Sale, woot) for $12. You get all of this: "Crusader Kings II, Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields, Crusader Kings II: Mongol Faces, Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion, Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith, Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer, Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land"

What do yall think?

EDIT: For reference, I am a pretty big Paradox fan. At least, I have been playing the Europa series for years and also got into Hearts of Iron 3. My main concern: in what ways is it different from Europa? Better/Worse? Will I feel like I'm basically just playing the early years of a Europa game?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:12:34 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #24: July 13, 2012, 06:44:18 AM »
It's more about arranging marriages and retaining power than the other Paradox games.  I enjoy it.  Been playing a multiplayer game with Askarn/Maedros.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #25: July 13, 2012, 08:33:11 AM »
It is absolutely worth 12$ and I say that without having seen it (but I just bought it). The first Crusader Kings had no small impact on BM.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 13, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »
Hey everyone, can someone give me a review/recommendation on CKII? The "Crusader Kings II Collection" is on sale on Steam (Steam Summer Sale, woot) for $12. You get all of this: "Crusader Kings II, Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields, Crusader Kings II: Mongol Faces, Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion, Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith, Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer, Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land"

What do yall think?

EDIT: For reference, I am a pretty big Paradox fan. At least, I have been playing the Europa series for years and also got into Hearts of Iron 3. My main concern: in what ways is it different from Europa? Better/Worse? Will I feel like I'm basically just playing the early years of a Europa game?

Yes. I bought it full price and regret nothing.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #27: July 13, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »
It is absolutely worth 12$ and I say that without having seen it (but I just bought it). The first Crusader Kings had no small impact on BM.
I've actually been tempted to try to make a BM-based custom map for the game...  Would certainly be fun at the very least!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 13, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »
I've actually been tempted to try to make a BM-based custom map for the game...  Would certainly be fun at the very least!

The Game of Thrones mod is amazing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 13, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
the package on steam doesn't include sword of islam... which is a bit odd.
firefox