Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Declaring a Heir/Successor

Started by Grayford, May 23, 2012, 07:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzamaki

Quote from: Indirik on May 24, 2012, 04:27:12 PM
Personally, I don't care for the idea of a mechanics-named successor. I agree that from a thematic point of view it makes sense. But from a game-play point of view it seems like all it would do is cement the power structure of the realm into one clique. Once they got it, it would be game-over for everyone else. Which is exactly the point of hereditary succession. So, it doesn't get my vote...

My thoughts exactly(but he says it better).

Draco Tanos

Mmm.  One way I could see this working (without invaliding elections) is that the heir/successor/crown prince(ss) automatically is entered into the elections the moment they're started.  Give them some sort of designation that shows them as the previous ruler's chosen successor.  If others want to press claims on the throne/oppose the successor, they could then run in the election as normal.

With this, give the successor a seat on the realm council automatically, with gender specific titles being able to be entered in the government screen.

Foundation

How different is this from the previous ruler publicly declaring it as such?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

Quote from: Foundation on May 27, 2012, 03:16:37 PM

Yes, couldn't the ruler simply name his/her successor in the Ruler Bulletin?

Indirik

In Sorraine our general is the official heir, and has been named the Crown Prince/Princess. It is all just RP.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

Quote from: Foundation on May 27, 2012, 03:16:37 PM
Because "publicly declaring" it in a message is most likely going to end up drowned out by other messages or simply forgotten.  When it is something that ICly, few nobles would forget.

Ketchum

Quote from: Draco Tanos on May 27, 2012, 10:29:29 PM
Because "publicly declaring" it in a message is most likely going to end up drowned out by other messages or simply forgotten.  When it is something that ICly, few nobles would forget.
Maybe somebody will be kind enough to copy and paste that particular Heir Declaration letter in the future when the current Monarch step down or disappear? ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Psyche

Put it in the rulers bulletin.

Foundation

Yes.  The bulletin does not change between rulers.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.