Author Topic: The War of the Hearth Right  (Read 68615 times)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine
« Reply #60: June 04, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
I'm thinking it's safe to assume that if the game told you that your class would be changed, but your class was then not changed, there's a bug.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 05, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »
I just came to Sorraine with one character and I like what I'm seeing so far. Actually, I just paused him so I could unpause my priest character from EC (who was a priest of CoI of course) that I wrote a couple really nice RPs for. I plan on bringing him to Sorraine to join the Church of Sartan. Could make for some interesting plot lines if he tries introduce the other three gods from the CoI pantheon into the Church of Sartan...

Too late. We've thought ahead of time and made an Ibladeshian sect inside the Church of Sartan already :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: June 06, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »
Boo!

This will cause problems.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 06, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »
Boo!

This will cause problems.

You just like stirring up trouble :p

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 06, 2012, 12:50:18 AM »
Too late. We've thought ahead of time and made an Ibladeshian sect inside the Church of Sartan already :P

Excellent. Then clearly we must work on spreading the word to our monotheistic brothers ;)

Now if only I could change classes, damnit...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 06, 2012, 12:52:46 AM »
Those CoI people already lost their entire empire due to their weak gods. Don't let them contamiinate the *true* faith with their heretic ways.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: June 06, 2012, 12:54:48 AM »
Was it our gods who failed us, or we who failed our gods? This is our chance to redeem ourselves in their eyes!

Seriously, this could be fun.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: June 06, 2012, 01:26:37 AM »
Meh, whichever way, it's still a fail. We don't want to get any of that on us. :\

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: June 06, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
Well, you know, their gods are our gods as well. The difference is that we only pay attention to the one who's actually good at winning battles.

Zakilevo

« Reply #69: June 20, 2012, 12:50:09 AM »
CoI will rise again in Sorraine? With a different main god?

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 22, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
CoI will rise again in Sorraine? With a different main god?

So long as it remains in the CoS, its fine. If they make their own temple though... bricks will be dispensed out my rectum, and my sword up theirs  8).
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: June 22, 2012, 09:32:02 AM »
bricks will be dispensed out my rectum

Ignoring the question of why there are bricks in your rectum...ouch?

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: June 28, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »
Ignoring the question of why there are bricks in your rectum...ouch?

Caspius eats a lot of protein... and mortar. Something akin to bricks is formed.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: July 31, 2012, 11:38:17 PM »
So help me God, if I see a rebirth of the Ibladeshian church, I'll go rampage again.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 01, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
So help me God, if I see a rebirth of the Ibladeshian church, I'll go rampage again.

If it is reborn, it won't be in Sorraine. I'll kill everyone of 'em.

My objection stems not from it happening in BM, but from how it is usually portrayed in BM.  If you're going to do it, sure, but do it right.

Just to comment on this, as I went over the thread again, I completely agree. Madigan is doing a fairly good job at keeping semi-subtle. But I should note it was not the "time" itself that influenced the view, unlike it is today, but the religion. Sartanism is not Catholicism - or any other religion - and we have absolutely no clause on sexual orientation. I don't think any religion in the past that occupied Sorraine's territories did either, meaning it never engrained itself in the culture as it did in our world.

Also, love the topic for this thread.

If anyone cares for an update: Caspius is pissing on Ingall and his demands to reform their treaty of surrender. Ingall wants the conditions the claim on Sanzzos was granted by, but Caspius wants the treaty to remain the same so he can press it in war later. Not like it really matters, because claims have no conditions once they are given.

He's also committed defensive protection to Queen Arella in an attempt to sway her to the north a little more. The intent and purpose is to destroy the factionalization in the South, so in turn, we won't need it for the north.