Author Topic: Remove Scout Report Popup  (Read 6853 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Scout Report Popup
« Reply #15: May 31, 2012, 07:21:41 PM »
I can't say that I care for the idea of a "scribe note marketplace". It would require people to learn a new interface. And then remember to check it every turn to see if someone had requested a scout report. More busywork. Which means that it will be a lot of programming effort for something that I don't really foresee being used. Just like shared scout reports aren't really used. Because it's not convenient, and doesn't work with the way people play.

I still think that the best way to deal with this "problem" is simply to have the "share" link automatically send the report to the character's army via an actual, honest-to-goodness, real message, as well as posting them on the scout reports page. It's the best of both worlds. The reports are shared so that they are available to the army even if you don't actually open it. The people in the army know that a region was scouted. And this is very important: You have a time stamp on the scribe note so you know *when* in the turn it was done. It's not like we have a problem with too many messages in-game anymore. Outside of the SA full-members channel, I can't remember the last time I heard someone complain about receiving too many messages.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it, why are the scribe notes split into three tables? That's really inconvenient. I don't care where a scribe note comes from. All I care is whether or not I have it. Can these three tables be merged into one single table?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.