Author Topic: Masochist Soldiers  (Read 1641 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Masochist Soldiers
« Topic Start: June 03, 2012, 01:10:22 AM »
Have a small Cavalry unit on Atamara that just will not take a day's rest, no matter what. They'll still get drunk in bars and such at cities and towns, but field camping or hanging out in rural regions just isn't an option. Always get this message: "Your men are bored to death and don't want any more rest. Give them something more interesting to do than sitting around in camp all day."

Dug in with nothing else to do but train train train, but their moral is totally in the chamber pot right now. Nevertheless, apparently they're too bored to just take a day off. It's been like this for a month or two, and they've been in multiple battles all over the island in the meantime. In fact, they were recently slain but for the last man, but these new guys are apparently hardasses too.

I dunno if this is a bug or if it's a function of some terrible dark deed I've done that keeps them up at night.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Masochist Soldiers
« Reply #1: June 03, 2012, 01:49:09 AM »
Not having checked the code, it's not impossible that this, too, is related to the broken cleanup script.

We're working on fixing it, but fixing one problem seems to reveal another underneath it :-\
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan