Author Topic: Massive morale drop  (Read 1439 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Massive morale drop
« Topic Start: May 30, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »
Recently a region was handed over from another realm to my realm. Beforehand, sympathy with my realm was "Hateful", so a drop in Morale was expected. Thus I was not surprised to see "There is loud protest and some unrest among the locals over this decision" when the region was handed over.

However, I did not expect Morale to drop from 80+% (Joyful) to 5%. Loud protest and some unrest indicates people are not happy, but a drop in Morale of 75-95% seems a little much. Even worse, Production did not drop at all - and has not in the five days since - meaning we cannot do any Civil Work to raise Morale.

Courtier work is also having no effect.

Was such a huge Morale drop intended, along with no Production drop?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:04:22 AM by Velax »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Massive morale drop
« Reply #1: May 30, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
That does seem odd. I would have expected a drop like that to take place over at least 2-3 days, not instantly, and once morale was low, production should have dropped due to strikes, etc.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Massive morale drop
« Reply #2: May 30, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »
Was definitely instant. I hung some rebels just after the region was handed over, and was told Morale had dropped 4% to 1%.