Author Topic: Bonds and no city?  (Read 6696 times)

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
Bonds and no city?
« Topic Start: June 01, 2012, 12:34:28 AM »
so I just unpaused a character that has a ton of money in bonds. His realm (now of three people), don't have a city, or even a single region for that matter. Is there no way to cash them?

Zakilevo

Re: Bonds and no city?
« Reply #1: June 01, 2012, 12:41:22 AM »
nope. your bonds are completely worthless.

egamma

« Reply #2: June 01, 2012, 12:43:22 AM »
You could use the bonds to buy food...not that there's any for sale in NE Colonies, I suspect.

Your realm needs a city or stronghold for you to cash bonds.

Or, you need to play in Tom's favorite realm, in which case he will make a mountain region your capital, and you can cash your bonds there.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 01, 2012, 12:56:12 AM »
I never said this character was part of Giblot. He's actually coming out from Madina on Dwilight.

In this situation I don't think I could buy food, no matter how hard I tried. I mean, no regions. Got no place to store it, or even buy caravans from (even though that probably wouldn't work anyway).

But in this situation I've found myself in, I honestly wish I either had the option to convert half the bonds into gold, or simply have no bonds at all. Seeing 1k in bonds and not being able to touch it is an outright tease.

egamma

« Reply #4: June 01, 2012, 12:58:08 AM »
I never said this character was part of Giblot. He's actually coming out from Madina on Dwilight.

In this situation I don't think I could buy food, no matter how hard I tried. I mean, no regions. Got no place to store it, or even buy caravans from (even though that probably wouldn't work anyway).

But in this situation I've found myself in, I honestly wish I either had the option to convert half the bonds into gold, or simply have no bonds at all. Seeing 1k in bonds and not being able to touch it is an outright tease.

Ah, no regions at all. Yep, that is a tease.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 01, 2012, 12:58:18 AM »

If you are a lord and have an accomplice in another realm, you can use food to funnel those bonds. Doesn't feel legit at all, though, but using bonds instead of gold just seems to open up a lot of possibilities as far as sketchy behavior is involved.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 01, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »
You could use the bonds to buy food...not that there's any for sale in NE Colonies, I suspect.

Your realm needs a city or stronghold for you to cash bonds.

Or, you need to play in Tom's favorite realm, in which case he will make a mountain region your capital, and you can cash your bonds there.
Whats Tom's favorite realm?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 01, 2012, 02:23:21 AM »

Barony of Icegate ;)
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

egamma

« Reply #8: June 01, 2012, 05:22:04 AM »

Outer Tilog, when they lost their city, had the mountain region of Hilly Holes become a duchy seat and capital.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 01, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »
which begs the question once again... of what to do with a realm that has no city, but a ton of other regions.

it can't recruit, it can't cash bonds.
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 01, 2012, 08:31:12 AM »
Beg someone to give them a city?

Or swap allegiance wholesale to another realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 01, 2012, 08:33:50 AM »
which begs the question once again... of what to do with a realm that has no city, but a ton of other regions.

it can't recruit, it can't cash bonds.

I wouldn't really call it a realm anymore. It's justa  few regions where the news hasn't come through yet ;)

Also, it kind of makes sense you cannot cash your bonds. They're just sheets of paper with the stamp of an institution no longer existant.

(though of course it still sucks if you're on the receiving end)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 01, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »
that's sort of nonsense.

take south dwi geography... you have madina island on the one side and fissoa on the other. (and paisly on the other sea trip)

let's say, fissoa has 15 (or 20 or 30, doesn't matter) regions to the east but only 1 city. its city is smack on the front line. it loses the capital only.. and what, auto lose as a realm?

makes no sense.
firefox

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 01, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
When there are still regions left, it is still possible to claim a new city. Takeover, RTO, revolt. You used to be able to buy one, not sure if that is removed now or not.

I think though, that if a realm does not have a bank available due to not having a city, that the option to build one should become available. Same goes for troops, only allow people to recruit them directly from the RCs instead. Second one makes tons of sense. Since the recruits are no longer being sent to the capital after they're trained, they are stuck at the RC they were trained at, no?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 01, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »
Aren't townlands supposed to become viable capitals, eventually?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron