Author Topic: Bonds and no city?  (Read 6699 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Bonds and no city?
« Reply #15: June 01, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »
that's sort of nonsense.

take south dwi geography... you have madina island on the one side and fissoa on the other. (and paisly on the other sea trip)

let's say, fissoa has 15 (or 20 or 30, doesn't matter) regions to the east but only 1 city. its city is smack on the front line. it loses the capital only.. and what, auto lose as a realm?

makes no sense.

I suppose it's another conflict between the strategy and the simulation parts of the game. And I very well know Fissoa is f*cked by it's geography. Max population of some 15k :/

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 01, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »
If you let your only city get taken, you're supposed to be screwed.

And no, I don't think there are any active plans to make townslands capitals. Where'd you get that idea?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 01, 2012, 03:20:58 PM »
Tom mentioned it in one of the New Estates threads on secession.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 01, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
I think what it was is that you would be able to CTO townslands.  If colonies have been enabled again is another question.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 01, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
No, it was related to secessions, not CTOs. The idea was that eventually secession would be enabled for duchies that had no city/stronghold, but at least one townsland. In that case, the townsland could become the capital of the new realm. I am not sure if it was ever discussed that a capital could be moved to a townsland. Perhaps if the realm had no more city/stronghold regions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 01, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »
which begs the question once again... of what to do with a realm that has no city, but a ton of other regions.

it can't recruit, it can't cash bonds.

It can recruit if there's a lord in control of RCs and with gold to hand. Mobilising those troops might not be predictable but it's not impossible. The bonds though are a problem.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 01, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
No, it was related to secessions, not CTOs. The idea was that eventually secession would be enabled for duchies that had no city/stronghold, but at least one townsland. In that case, the townsland could become the capital of the new realm. I am not sure if it was ever discussed that a capital could be moved to a townsland. Perhaps if the realm had no more city/stronghold regions.

Seemed fair to me to conclude that if a townsland could be made a capital by secession, then it should be possible to make it one when you lose all of your cities.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 02, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
That makes sense imo. Otherwise people would circumvent the mechanics and form a new realm through succession, which may not be a bad idea, actually. If not everyone is on board, then it would make things interesting..