Author Topic: Sirion vs Westmoor  (Read 50828 times)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Re: Sirion vs Westmoor
« Reply #30: June 04, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »
Their gold must be leaking. Like some greedy dukes piling their family gold ;)

Thats the odd thing! I'm fairly confident Corwin isn't embezzling and I know not embezzling... so where does it all go?
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Zakilevo

« Reply #31: June 04, 2012, 10:33:19 AM »
Thats the odd thing! I'm fairly confident Corwin isn't embezzling and I know not embezzling... so where does it all go?

Or Westmoor is using gold inefficiently. It is always better to distribute gold as evenly as possible for maximum CS. Instead of making a few people lead big units.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 04, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »

The 16K CS of militia in Oligarch probably has something to do with it :) Also your tax take per region seems much lower than we were achieving in Fontan.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #33: June 04, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
Having 20 knights in a single region in the old system will allow you to hike up tax rates, yes.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 04, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »
That is a common, but mostly untrue, claim. Especially with small regions such as Krimml. The benefit of extra estates maxes out fairly quickly when the number of estates needed is small. I doubt Krimml needed more than 8 knights to get max benefits on both production and authority.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 04, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »
The same with Negev. I could hold a 19% tax rate reliably five knights and occasional courts under the old system.

Westmoor: not so good at war; not so good at economics; not so good at religion. World leaders at coups though ;)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 05, 2012, 07:15:31 PM »
And so it begins...

Huge Battle Fought   (13 hours, 7 minutes ago)
Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Bruck:
Westmoor vs. Sirion
Estimated strengths: 2140 men vs. 850 men
The Red Dragons (Sirion), sponsored by Ecthelion Tezokian, Duke of Sirion, Margrave of Sirion, were led into battle by Marshal Ragnar Vlad.
The Army of Sirion (Sirion), sponsored by Ecthelion Tezokian, Duke of Sirion, Margrave of Sirion, were led into battle by Marshal Webin cIipt.
The Westmoorian Column (Westmoor), sponsored by Maedros Iltaran, Duke of Westmoor, Margrave of Westmoor, were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Mathros Hagakure.
Sir Ilias Thunthorn (Royal) is spotted wielding the Axe of Betrayal.
Sir Thomas Foxglove, Lord General of Westmoor, Earl of Poitiers is spotted wearing the Blessed Band of Freedom.
Sezzil Marley (Knight of Westmoor) is spotted wearing the Silver Cloak of the Maiden.
Evalynn Jadewarrior of Westmoor (Dame of Oligarch, Westmoor) was captured by Petrov Vykos's unit.
Victorieux de Hauteville of Sirion (Dame of Elmbar, Sirion) was captured by Gwenevere Lionheart's unit.
Sir Feoran Lionheart of Westmoor (Lord of Westmoor) was captured by Durion Eyolf Serpentis's unit.
Lady Gwenevere Lionheart of Westmoor (Dame of Evora, Westmoor) was captured by Durion Eyolf Serpentis's unit.

Defender Victory!

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 05, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
For info:

Total:
20 attackers (601 Inf, 273 Arch, 30 Cav, 30 SF, 908 other)
20 defenders (559 Inf, 152 Arch, 174 Cav, 124 SF)
Total combat strengths: 12154 vs. 14595
1 neutral observers (0 combat strength).

908 of the Westmoorians were peasants.

Also:

The locals are grateful for defeating the evil forces plaguing their region.

The Monster unit stayed neutral, so that leaves the Westmoorians as the evil forces!  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 05, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »
Peasant power!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 06, 2012, 03:29:38 AM »
The 16K CS of militia in Oligarch probably has something to do with it :) Also your tax take per region seems much lower than we were achieving in Fontan.
Yes, we have been noticing the scare scare attitude of Westmoor military in placing so much militia in Oligarch city. It does not help that so many regions nearby receive the city starvation report, eh no?  :P

Kinda tired with East Island politic... Have Brock retired from being Fontan Banker to a normal Knight life in Nivemus ;)

Seriously Westmoor going TT to Perdan and Caligus again to save them. By that time, Bruck, Dulbin, Greatbridge may be lost, just like during Westmoor vs Fontan 1 on 1 war ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #40: June 06, 2012, 03:46:44 AM »
*Westmoor vs. Saxon War

Corrected for accuracy.

Or do you mean when Fontan tried to puff up its chest, lost Oberndorf and Commonyr, then begged Sirion for help?

*Westmoor vs. Sirion War
That'd be more accurate then.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 06, 2012, 05:25:11 AM »
*Westmoor vs. Saxon War

Corrected for accuracy.

Or do you mean when Fontan tried to puff up its chest, lost Oberndorf and Commonyr, then begged Sirion for help?

*Westmoor vs. Sirion War
That'd be more accurate then.

*Old Grehk-Westmoor Clan vs. Saxon Clan War

Corrected for full accuracy. But, really doesn't matter, Fontan is probably still gonna die.

Sirion isn't helping Fontan. Sirion doesn't give a damn if Fontan lives or dies. They just hate Westmoor. Sirion has been on the brink of declaring full scale war against Westmoor for years. It's just when they found out you had a chance to be border buddies with them they finally put their foot down and sent out their armies.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 06, 2012, 05:31:22 AM »
Is certain that Sirion will be a thought one, even if Westmoor get help from the allies to push back Sirion, it wont go beyond Montillo/Tabost fighting.

Peace!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #43: June 06, 2012, 06:20:29 AM »
*Old Grehk-Westmoor Clan vs. Saxon Clan War

Corrected for full accuracy. But, really doesn't matter, Fontan is probably still gonna die.

Sirion isn't helping Fontan. Sirion doesn't give a damn if Fontan lives or dies. They just hate Westmoor. Sirion has been on the brink of declaring full scale war against Westmoor for years. It's just when they found out you had a chance to be border buddies with them they finally put their foot down and sent out their armies.
It's such a shame you don't quite grasp what a clan is.  Very sad. 

And how, may I ask, has Sirion "been on the brink of declaring full scale war against Westmoor for years" when Sirion had been at war with Westmoor until, oh, late January last year?

I suppose you don't grasp what the word "accuracy" means either.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 06, 2012, 06:27:48 AM »
It's such a shame you don't quite grasp what a clan is.  Very sad. 

And how, may I ask, has Sirion "been on the brink of declaring full scale war against Westmoor for years" when Sirion had been at war with Westmoor until, oh, late January last year?

I suppose you don't grasp what the word "accuracy" means either.

When around 10 nobles have characters in both realms and make up about a fourth of both realms? I don't have all the evidence I would need, but I have just as much evidence as Westmoor did when they whined to the devs about Fontan.

Full scale war was the accurate concept there. They had to deal with Fontan and SoA during that time period. They weren't using their full forces to fight a war, therefore Sirion has never battled Westmoor in a full scale war.

Trust me, I grasp concepts just fine.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:25:25 AM by Uzamaki »