Author Topic: Disappearing armies  (Read 3609 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Disappearing armies
« Topic Start: June 08, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »
With that big clean up the happened today, it seemed to clean up the armies, too. Armies sponsored by paused people just...disappeared. We had five armies in Arcaea, now we have two. I thought paused nobles kept their sponsorships, and if the sponsor deleted, sponsorship went to the ruler? Surely that's better than having armies wiped out of existance with no warning or message.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Disappearing armies
« Reply #1: June 08, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »
I assume cold storage also removes armies.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 08, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »
from the game? i thought they normally are passed on. (next lord of region, etc)
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 08, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »
from the game? i thought they normally are passed on. (next lord of region, etc)

Armies should revert to the ruler when their sponsor is gone, unless their home region has also left the realm (or the game has somehow lost track of it).

Can you verify that all the armies that disappeared had a home region still in the realm?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 08, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
I can't confirm it 100% for all three armies, but I'm pretty sure one of them was created by Duchess Edara, who was the lady of Talex. Talex is still under Arcaean control.

Also, there are only two regions not currently under Arcaean control that traditionally have been. It's unlikely all three armies were based in those regions.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 08, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
Armies should revert to the ruler when their sponsor is gone, unless their home region has also left the realm (or the game has somehow lost track of it).

Can you verify that all the armies that disappeared had a home region still in the realm?
I am not sure if this how its supposed to work but when our ruler/general died it went to the judge, so is that whats supposed to happen?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 08, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »
I am not sure if this how its supposed to work but when our ruler/general died it went to the judge, so is that whats supposed to happen?

Yes, I believe so. Though it's quite an unusual situation.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #7: June 08, 2012, 10:42:15 PM »
Yes, I believe so. Though it's quite an unusual situation.

yes, I was a little surprised that the devs had thought that far ahead. From what I can tell, sponsor passes from: Ruler>General>Judge>Banker.

Anything after that?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 08, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
Terran also lost all of their armies but one (they weren't being used, but they are still gone now).
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

egamma

« Reply #9: June 08, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »
D'hara lost an army whose sponsor was paused (had been paused for a while, but apparently moved to cold storage today).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 08, 2012, 11:10:16 PM »
yes, I was a little surprised that the devs had thought that far ahead. From what I can tell, sponsor passes from: Ruler>General>Judge>Banker.

Anything after that?
I believe it goes to the adventurer with the highest prestige.

After that, the local fishmonger, milliner, or haberdasher. I'd have to check the code to find the exact order of precedence.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.