Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Non-mobile site on mobile browsers

Started by Velax, June 12, 2012, 12:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velax

Just for those that are interested, I find using Safari on my iPad lets me use the non-mobile BM site almost perfectly. There are a few glitches (such as the bottom status bar occasionally getting stuck in the middle of the screen), but they are mostly resolved by scrolling up or down.

Velax

That's...very nice. See below quote.

Quote from: Velax on June 12, 2012, 12:41:18 PM
Just for those that are interested

Bael

Quote from: Velax on June 12, 2012, 12:58:29 PM
That's...very nice. See below quote.

Now I'm curious to see the deleted post :P

Velax

Hah, didn't notice it had been deleted. Now I look like I have multiple personality disorder and am attacking myself for posting something no one would be interested in.

Gustav Kuriga

Just wanted to apologize, been having an emotional weekend since my dad just got released from prison, so I've been a bit more liable to lash out than usual.

Velax

That's fine. We're all a bit more emotionally unstable sometimes. I know exams are kicking my ass at the moment. Not quite the same as your situation, but still. Stress.

Foundation

I don't know which Velax I'm talking to, the good one or the bad.  I am very stressed now. :-/

On the topic of non-mobile on mobile, I wouldn't consider an iPad to be a "mobile device".  Don't most sites give it at least a similar to desktop feel, if not the same?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Velax

The tired one. Yay exams.

It depends on the browser. Many browsers for iPad seem to be the same or similar to ones you'd see on the phone. I know I was having trouble with the regular site on some browsers and used the mobile site for ages.