Author Topic: Upward Slope for Newcomers to do stuff.  (Read 14984 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Upward Slope for Newcomers to do stuff.
« Reply #30: June 18, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
If you don't have an oath, you are a Noble.  If you do have an oath, you are a Knight.  The game is quite literally telling you that your rank (Noble) is insufficient for what you are trying to do.

Yes, I understand now that it has been pointed out to me. I'm just saying, I'm not sure that I would have connected those dots by myself (though to be fair, I also didn't have all the information, i.e. I did not know that the character in question was a noble, not a knight). After Anaris' last post I did spend a moment trying to figure out what he was talking about and ended up shrugging it off and walking away. If I'd been the one who originally made the observation/asked the question, his post would have frustrated the hell out of me if I still hadn't been able to figure it out.

Sometimes the obsession with secrecy in this game is a bit off-putting. If a message is supposed to make it plain what a problem is, then make it plain, and for the love of pete just explain what the problem is when someone asks on the forum rather than dancing around it and forcing them to try to figure it out themselves. If it were obvious to them, they wouldn't have had to ask, would they?

I know there are some things the Devs would not be allowed to reveal. But was this really one of them? I mean it's relatively trivial, but yet here Anaris does everything he can to try to explain it without actually explaining anything. Would he really have gotten in trouble if he'd just answered the question in a straight forward way?