Author Topic: Pantheism  (Read 14747 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheism
« Reply #15: June 18, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »
vonGenf, you completely missed the whole point of this being a discussion based on religious systems.

They're not supposed to be logical. At all. Ever. :P
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 19, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »
Apparently there is/was a religion in BM titled "The Pantheist Path", which have nothing common with Pantheism or similiar beliefs.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:43:16 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 19, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_Pantheist_Path

It was on Atamara. Died a long time ago. 4+ years.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 20, 2012, 03:07:12 AM »
Nice, there are a few vague parallels with my own religious system, though it seems rough around the edges and not very well-planned, like it was rushed and then abandoned. It had potential.

I put up a thread for my Polytheistic Fantasy religion discussion, advice and suggestions appreciated. :)

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2639.msg60288.html#msg60288
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 20, 2012, 03:58:51 AM »
A lot of religions get started and then fail. Most often because the founder essentially does an ass-pull out of nowhere with a new religion. So a piece of advice is to start getting IC support for your new religion *before* you pull the trigger. Make sure your realm will support you, or you will die fast.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 20, 2012, 04:06:27 AM »
Thanks for reminding me. I need to hit the Bay12 BM thread and go find out who it was in Bellua that said I'm welcome to join their nation and start a religion. :P

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 20, 2012, 05:51:27 AM »
I said that. It's Riombara, though it may not be the only realm who would.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 20, 2012, 07:35:45 AM »
Ok, my char have got some IC support regarding pantheistic belief system. I would think of a cool name, flesh out the details and its views on other religions. Thanks for the fantasy idea!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 20, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
Woo! If you need help with a name, let me know :) I took the cheap route and named my religion after the Patriarch god :P Its also the name of the language I created as a kid that I later adapted to the novel.

Something Fantasyish would be very nice, there are too many religions with 'official' sounding names ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 21, 2012, 04:14:04 AM »
Ok, my char have got some IC support regarding pantheistic belief system. I would think of a cool name, flesh out the details and its views on other religions. Thanks for the fantasy idea!

"I will join the religion" is one thing, "I will help develop the religion" is quite another.

Finding converts is relatively easy. Finding people who will help you so that you don't do everything all by yourself is quite another. Those who say they will help are rare, and those who actually do are almost mythical.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 21, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »
"I will join the religion" is one thing, "I will help develop the religion" is quite another.

Finding converts is relatively easy. Finding people who will help you so that you don't do everything all by yourself is quite another. Those who say they will help are rare, and those who actually do are almost mythical.

QFT.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 21, 2012, 09:23:07 AM »
By IC support I meant people were interested about the religion. Like joining it, building temples kind of.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 21, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »
Still now the name is Path to Eternity. It has a panentheistic base, complete with deities, basically the embodiments of the forces of nature. Mixture of celtic, christian, hindu and mayan beliefs. It has some similiarities with Manifest Path that it considers abominations and hell spawns as potential threats, Verdis Elementum and Aetheris Pyrism (we have a demi/god, the embodiment of fire, who raze the earth when human minds brim with impurity, but is generally considered evil and not worshipped). I would start a new thread soon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:46:29 AM by Cren »

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 21, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »
It has some similiarities with Manifest Path that it considers abominations and hell spawns as potential threats

It actually considered deities to be potential threats, as any non-human entity. Not just monsters, undead and daimons.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 21, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
It actually considered deities to be potential threats, as any non-human entity. Not just monsters, undead and daimons.

Thats why said some.