Author Topic: War please.  (Read 89329 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #180: July 01, 2012, 08:40:51 PM »
I had an extensive conversation for over a month with their Ambassador about the problems in their realm, if they didn't know they could have asked their Ambassador, in fact I was under the presumption he would say to Barca "The High Sovereign wants change of consequence in order to hand over the regions due to these different problems". Failing that, Barca could have asked Mendicant exactly what was the problems with Barca, there's no justifiable excuse for Barca not knowing.

You need to make a distinction here as well, it's not about what individual changes Mendicant wants implemented because there aren't any as such, but he wants some form of change to occur. The distinction being, Mendicant hasn't gone into this thinking "Right, I want this that and the other to be replaced", but he has gone in into thinking "I want to Barca to to recognise the problem, and offer their solution to it". Which is key to this entire thing, It's not about Mendicant telling them the changes he wants, it's about Mendicant telling you what is wrong, and leaving you to decide what change is required.

You need to think less of this as "What would Mendicant want in change?" or "What can we do to appease Mendicant?", but rather "Mendicant has listed the problems, now what can we do to change them". It's not about appeasing Mendicant, Mendicant would accept just about any form of change, it's about deciding on what change you think is best then informing Mendicant of it.
So there is some big problem you are saying that you want fixed but can be fixed many ways, what is that?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton