Author Topic: War please.  (Read 86073 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #75: June 17, 2012, 07:08:10 AM »
Mad King? Pfft. How many of his own children has he personally slaughtered? You know, back in MY day, we had to earn our Mad King titles. Now it's just a cheap label slapped on any old ruler with a bit of cranky disposition. 

But seriously, I would say it is SA inasmuch as SA is being used for a vehicle for propaganda and alliance-making in this particular war. Allison did openly call for rebellion against Asylon in SA discussions. Magistratum and counter-Magistratums were made by opposing sides. Now obviously there's nothing official, no 'crusades' declared, the Prophet is silent... but official-ness doesn't mean so much when it comes to grinding a realm into the dirt by any means possible.

In that sense, all SA has done is provide a way for people to make connections with each other. Which has always been a big part of what makes it great. It's huge. You can talk to half the island if you're a member, and if you're a good politician or diplomat you can leverage that into an enormous amount of power. That doesn't mean that what's happening is Church policy, either officially or unofficially.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: June 17, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
Well, it looks like Kabrinskia just hit Kybcyell, as predicted. I may not be in any of the military councils, but so far close to all of my predicted movements have happened. I don't think I am "making !@#$ up", heh.

So what, we were in Mech Calen for a week and Kyb is a !@#$hole full of potato eaters anyways.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: June 17, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »
That !@#$hole divides Asylon into two, with Itau on one side and the rest of the realm on the other. You're saying Itau is going to remain Asylonian? This is not the brightest way of achieving that goal.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 17, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »
Its still a !@#$hole. Oh and we generally dont talk realm strategy on the forums.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 17, 2012, 06:31:52 PM »
I do enjoy reading Glaumrings posts and IG letters that get passed to me.  He believes the lies others tell him or he makes stuff up or he really is mad.  Im not sure which.  In the past the character was overly calculating which leads me to believe this is all just an act.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 17, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
Oh dustole I love thee  :'(

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #81: June 18, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »
Oh dustole I love thee  :'(

Great. Brom has competition.  lol
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 18, 2012, 02:56:02 AM »
No. Neither Glaumring nor Feylonis really know anything, they're both just seeing what they want to see and neither one has any evidence to back up their claims. They are making assumptions that are driven by their respective biases. That or Glaumring is just making things up for fun, I can never tell with him.

All it really boils down to is that Glaumring's character got overconfident, raised the ire of the wrong people, and made several mistakes. Those people then exploited his mistakes to organize the current war. There's no conspiracy, it's not a religious thing, and Allison actually had very little to do with it beyond baiting Asylon in the first place. She probably assumed that if she could provoke either Terran or Asylon into going too far, Astrum would intervene, and she assumed correctly. Terran was too smart to fall for it, as evidenced by their careful diplomacy with Astrum, but Asylon walked right into it. That's Allison for you. She's very crafty.

D'Hara was too smart for all of it. Terran was too smart for only part of it. Apparently, Asylon wasn't too smart for any of it.  :-[
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 18, 2012, 07:26:27 AM »
D'Hara was too greedy and risk averse for all of it.

Fixed it for you  ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 18, 2012, 08:56:31 AM »
D'Hara knew that ex-queen Katayanna was in Kabrinskia. They didn't want that mess to come back :p

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 18, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
Boredom breaks all.

The northerners are warmongers.

Therefore, refuse to give them war against you, and their boredom will break their alliances.

That's what guides D'Hara. Why give them a target, like Terran and Asylon did, when you can just sit back and wait for them to club each other themselves?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 18, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »
D'Hara is just lucky that Terran/Asylon stepped up to be the next target. If they hadn't, then D'Hara would have been volunteered for the role. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: June 18, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
D'Hara is just lucky that Terran/Asylon stepped up to be the next target. If they hadn't, then D'Hara would have been volunteered for the role. ;)

And we'd have been a clear-cut victim.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 18, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »
Makes a good epitaph, eh?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 18, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
Makes a good epitaph, eh?

We are more than ready for war. And while the ports aren't as good for defense as they used to be, with delayed travel and all, you still have to take on our walls to hit any region. And we wouldn't have painted a big target on our heads as Asylon did.

That we don't want war doesn't mean we don't think of it every day. Our lack of warmongering drive is replaced by high levels of paranoia.