Author Topic: War please.  (Read 86077 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #165: June 30, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
It's not all too different from the impossible terms imposed against PeL not too long ago, which, surprise, only upset those it was used against :P

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: June 30, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
It's not all too different from the impossible terms imposed against PeL not too long ago, which, surprise, only upset those it was used against :P

To be fair, most of those terms were actually fulfilled...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: June 30, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »
Most, but not all ;)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: June 30, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
Most, but not all ;)

Duh, Brom can't die. That was just a stupid thing to ask. He's immortal!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: June 30, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
Oh, I think it's a very creative reason to. I'm fine with it OOC.

I just get the impression that the Aurvandil players also believe OOCly that they are in fact on a moral high ground. As an excuse for naked aggression and bullying, it's quite beautiful.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: June 30, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
Self-confidence is everything :P

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: June 30, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »
Oh, I think it's a very creative reason to. I'm fine with it OOC.

I just get the impression that the Aurvandil players also believe OOCly that they are in fact on a moral high ground. As an excuse for naked aggression and bullying, it's quite beautiful.

+1

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: June 30, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
So Aurvandil was going to war Barca no matter what?  :P

You've misunderstood me, Aurvandil wouldn't war with Barca no matter what, but if they tried to employ cowardly tactics to try and supplicate themselves and appease Aurvandil (In this context being the blanket banishment of nobles they think we don't like), we wouldn't tolerate such dishonourable actions.

That's kinda what I'm getting.

"We're attacking you because we didn't get what we want. But if we got what we wanted, we'd attack you because we got it too easily."

No, that isn't even close to what I said.

"Aurvandil has respect for nobles who will fight us,"  :o I never read something so funny! Aurvandil, respect? he,he,he...

Iin the end the Barca pirates will be exterminated!!! but with respect! ...and a bit of steel!  ;D

Well, Aurvandil always treats its foe with respect and chivalry. Unless you listened to Abbot's old propaganda regime when he tried to plug us as baby eating barbarian's out to murder every noble everywhere, kind of a similar tactic used by Helm actually... Didn't work well for either of them.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: June 30, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
The fact that you keep on talking about nobles, in the plural, is pretty much an assurance that the nobles who left got you hook line and sinker with their misinformation.

egamma

« Reply #174: June 30, 2012, 07:18:28 PM »
I just want to see the D'haran sneak attack on Madina. First BM amphibious assault?

Hardly. You're forgetting the attacks between Candiels and Tower Fatimak. And way in the past, when Madina and D'Hara fought over Paisly:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/D%27Hara/History#The_War_for_Paisly

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: June 30, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
The fact that you keep on talking about nobles, in the plural, is pretty much an assurance that the nobles who left got you hook line and sinker with their misinformation.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

But what the nobles who defected said wasn't really that important or decisive, it was the subsequent discussion with Barca as to their claims. The nobles didn't convince me, it was Julius who convinced me.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: June 30, 2012, 08:09:04 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

But what the nobles who defected said wasn't really that important or decisive, it was the subsequent discussion with Barca as to their claims. The nobles didn't convince me, it was Julius who convinced me.

Ah, my apologies. I misread your original post and took it for a different meaning.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: July 01, 2012, 02:32:39 AM »
So, one group held power in Barca (the "tyrannical and corrupt" "old guard" with a "clique mentality"), Aurvandil wanted a different group to have it (the "newer nobles ostracised as troublemakers and traitors"), the current Barcan leaders refused it, and war. Sounds legit.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: July 01, 2012, 02:35:57 AM »
So, one group held power in Barca (the "tyrannical and corrupt" "old guard" with a "clique mentality"), Aurvandil wanted a different group to have it (the "newer nobles ostracised as troublemakers and traitors"), the current Barcan leaders refused it, and war. Sounds legit.

Absolutely; it's one of the more nuanced war reasons around.

But it's still no moral high ground.  ;)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: July 01, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »
Aurvandil wanted to remain vague in their demands so that Barca could think of their own solutions to satisfy them, but that vagueness is the precise reason that no treaty could be established.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron