Author Topic: Punishing Players for Not Moving within Half A Turn  (Read 45561 times)

T0mislav

Summary:Punishing Players for Not Moving within Half A Turn
Violation:Inalienable Rights
World:Dwilight
Complainer:Peter Wen
About:Allomere

Full Complaint Text:
Letter from Allomere de' Striguile   (17 hours, 32 minutes ago)

Message sent to everyone in your realm (53 recipients)

Marshal Fal'Cie,

Are you seeking to claim that under your command the Chevaliers Hausos d'Auziwandilaz is so diminished it can't respond to orders at times it always has been able to? Have you let our prime army waste and dwindle so that it performs like any other rabble from any other realm, requiring a day's notice before it can even be dragged into the field? Are you really going to publically announce that none of the Chevaliers Hausos d'Auziwandilaz will be able to move with half the night still ahead of them...you're supposed to be an experienced commander, but of late it seems you can't even co-ordinate hunting down monsters...These orders are a punishment for your attitude and your unchevalier conduct. I expect them fulfilled, that is I expect to see you in Fields by morn, and Zerujil by dusk, and for the monsters to be destroyed by that time. If not, you will face further consequences, and they will be dire. March well, Marshal, and do as a commander should.

Allomere de' Striguile

Knight Hausos At Arms of Aurvandil, Viscount of Zerujil

If you read the "Complaint Text" closely, regardless that Allomere's letter was sent to entire realm, it was addressed to Fal'Cie. From the content of the letter it seams that they are mutual talking about the matter and from that it is logical to assume that Allomere had stronge baze to be convinced that Fal'Cie will read the letter on time, so, even if the letter sounds like it is braking the rule, duo to Allomere's conviction that Fal'Cie will get the letter on time, it is In-Game matter and is not against the rule (it would be against the rule if Fal'Cie haven't answer anything after the letter and still got punished - but such sittuation HAVEN'T happen).

Further from the content of the letter can be read that Allomere is punishing Fal'Cie for (as Marshal of the army) not beeing able to coordinate attack on monsters and the punishment is to attack them alone under the threat that if he fail to commit the punishment he will be punished further. Player activity is protected by the game rules and allows to players to log in whenewer they want, but that fact does not exclude the fact that realm can not function properly without functional chain of command - I have to aggree that Allomere maybe did act too aggressive but as player who played Monarch and General of the realm for a long time I do can understan frustration when those who are top in chain of command stop executing orders - in this matter Allomere simply had to ask Fal'Cie to step down from the position of Marshal or to ask sponsor of the army to replace him for beeing unfit for the job.

Well... Allomere acted as he acted, but I do believe that his actions wher purely In-Game and that Fal'Cie's primary complaint was not against punishing for beeing inactive (what would be against game rules) but is for Allomere ordered him to attack monsters alone in which attack he would surely lose most of his men so it would cost him greatly - but regardless of its extremity, such order is purely In-Game and is not against game rules.