Author Topic: Punishing Players for Not Moving within Half A Turn  (Read 45565 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
If you read the "Complaint Text" closely, regardless that Allomere's letter was sent to entire realm, it was addressed to Fal'Cie. From the content of the letter it seams that they are mutual talking about the matter and from that it is logical to assume that Allomere had stronge baze to be convinced that Fal'Cie will read the letter on time, so, even if the letter sounds like it is braking the rule, duo to Allomere's conviction that Fal'Cie will get the letter on time, it is In-Game matter and is not against the rule (it would be against the rule if Fal'Cie haven't answer anything after the letter and still got punished - but such sittuation HAVEN'T happen).

<snip>

Well... Allomere acted as he acted, but I do believe that his actions wher purely In-Game and that Fal'Cie's primary complaint was not against punishing for beeing inactive (what would be against game rules) but is for Allomere ordered him to attack monsters alone in which attack he would surely lose most of his men so it would cost him greatly - but regardless of its extremity, such order is purely In-Game and is not against game rules.

If you're going to post here, please read the rest of the thread first. If you had done so, you would see that the arguments that "it was all IC" and "if he hadn't responded, then it would have been a violation" have both already been raised and soundly smacked down. The IR do not depend on the actions of anyone except the one violating (or not violating) them, and it does not matter whether it was an entirely IC matter, the IR still apply.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan